New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Most of these are too complicated or impractical to use. Will at best be a simplified version that hopefully gets the colours right.

Probably won't be the Mita one they go for :D 

Evolution of Football Crests: Aston Villa F.C. Quiz - By bucoholico2

Right scrap the theme park, the “forward” one it is and let’s have a Villa Park with turrets and a drawbridge!  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The club wanting to highlight their biggest historical achievement, and one only a select number of English Clubs has achieved througout the history of football, should be downplayed by the club?

It's not exactly the Trillion Trophy or the Peace Cup is it?

Good thing you aren't in charge of marketing. There is a bigger picture, aside from just " bants " here.

We've won FA Cups, League Titles and League Cups too. Think the star highlighting the European Cup is small time. Basically just us and Forest have it on our badges. It's almost saying that we he need to cling to this history cause we have nothing else.  Notice that Liverpool, Chelsea, ManUtd  don't have stars on their badge.

• Like 2

For me, the primary objective of any new design should be the fact that our colours are Claret & Blue.  Not Blue and Yellow with a hint of Claret. I always found it ironic that as we went away from the round badge, Chelski produced their new "modern" design that is a virtual replica of our old round badge. It would be nice to see the full name rather than AVFC and also to see PREPARED re-introduced.  Although I imagine that would make it too "busy" so I'll leave it up to the computer design geeks... :)

2 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

Always thought they could do something really cool and unique with an interlocking “AV” rather than trot out another city group-esque round badge.

Think this would be good for an alternate logo that can be used on the back of the jersey and merchandise.

2 minutes ago, FLVillan said:

For me, the primary objective of any new design should be the fact that our colours are Claret & Blue.  Not Blue and Yellow with a hint of Claret. I always found it ironic that as we went away from the round badge, Chelski produced their new "modern" design that is a virtual replica of our old round badge. It would be nice to see the full name rather than AVFC and also to see PREPARED re-introduced.  Although I imagine that would make it too "busy" so I'll leave it up to the computer design geeks... :)

While I mostly agree I do think dropping prepared was a good idea as it looks stupid when you’re rubbish, we haven’t won anything of note for nigh on 30 years and even then it was the league cup and we haven’t been a team of note for over a decade. 

12 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

We've won FA Cups, League Titles and League Cups too. Think the star highlighting the European Cup is small time. Basically just us and Forest have it on our badges. It's almost saying that we he need to cling to this history cause we have nothing else.  Notice that Liverpool, Chelsea, ManUtd  don't have stars on their badge.

Bayern Munich do

am i the only one that really isn't bothered? i see people lose their minds over the new kits when they come out (in either a good or bad way) and i'm guessing the new crest will generate the same reactions

it's just never really been a concern of mine. all i care about is what happens on the pitch.

• Like 1