New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

Taking ideas from above:

Colour adjusted for better contrast Incorporating full club name, removing the star so we get a proper stitched one above when we’re in the CL and a gold lion that could be used like the Netherlands one on its own. (I don’t consider these good to go btw, but just show the possibility of adjustment rather than doing another circle that will age in 10 years. AVFC actually makes the badge a lot more balanced)

B769-BC5-B-D7-C7-4-E02-A808-87-AB7-EED3-
0770-D32-E-F8-C0-48-A6-9392-C20-F62-E02-
A69-DD3-DE-0-A76-47-DC-80-CD-BC3632-A9-F
A6-C34047-68-FA-4406-96-E1-95-F6-E38-C23

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, est1874 said:

The contrast of yellow on green is ghastly without a proper border (there is a reason they had black borders previously). They have replaced it with a faint spring green outline to try to help it pop in online graphics etc but it still doesn't work. A shield without an encompassing border is also a weird and strange-looking thing. What's the point in it? If the main objective was to remove all the borders and modernize then why not just switch to a green canary on the yellow background of the shirt.

The only thing they've actually improved with this iteration is the lion, which comfortingly looks less like a Harry Redknapp melty face version of a lion.

Yep, completely agree. They really needed to deepen the shade of green a bit if they were going to go down this route. It's got the same lack of contrast issue that our yellow lion on a sky blue background has, but at least we have the dark claret border to give the overall badge a bit of contrast. 

I actually quite like the idea of keeping the logo basically the same but re-drawing it and tidying it up for the modern era, but in trying to get it as simple as possible they've dropped the black without seeing how important it was to the logo.

The announcement of it where they have it with that horrible outdated hanging flag texture behind it just makes it look like it was designed by a high school designer with a brief to clean up the existing logo. 

It's a miss from me and I expect they'll change it again within a decade.

16 hours ago, a m ole said:

Taking ideas from above:

Colour adjusted for better contrast Incorporating full club name, removing the star so we get a proper stitched one above when we’re in the CL and a gold lion that could be used like the Netherlands one on its own. (I don’t consider these good to go btw, but just show the possibility of adjustment rather than doing another circle that will age in 10 years. AVFC actually makes the badge a lot more balanced)

Last one looks like its from Game of Thrones 😂

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, a m ole said:

Taking ideas from above:

Put that bottom lion in the top two and that could be pretty good I think 

25 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

B769-BC5-B-D7-C7-4-E02-A808-87-AB7-EED3-E76.A.jpg.1c47e81ada90f0e38915e171d4f90afb.jpg

Get rid of the star (as a white star embroidered above the badge on a claret shirt would look better) and elongate the ASTON VILLA a bit so it has more height filling the space a bit more and that’s a winner!

• Thanks 1

On 24/11/2021 at 18:18, sne said:

I think I'd might like the star to be above the crest instead of integrated to it as it is now. It's just so tiny that you hardly notice it.

It would also mean we have room for more stars in the upcoming years when we conquer Europe again :D 

Something like this:

Bayern Munich to officially add 5th star to team badge - Bavarian Football  Works

I'm pretty sure it's a League rule that we can't have a star above the badge the symbolises trophy wins, hence why it was incorporated into the badge when first designed. Man City used to have stars above their badge, but as they weren't for anything in particular sporting wise, it was okay, and I think Forest do to, but that's because the EFL don't have the same rule.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's the reason it's not above the badge.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Please no!

Shut up, you love it Nick! TBF I don't like it either. I was farting around with someone else's idea. The lion doesn't look great, I don't think the claret and yellow look good. Looks like the lion is sunburnt ffs. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

It's happening...

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/june/24/aston-villa-club-crest-review/

Aston Villa club crest review

Last month marked the 40th anniversary of the biggest day in our club’s history, lifting the European Cup.

That day in ’82 is the brightest moment of our past, but it’s never been a more exciting time for our club to look forward too.

After revisiting that great night in Rotterdam – the iconic shirts, the old club crest – Aston Villa is looking to review how we present ourselves visually in the future; this will include changing our current crest.

We want to examine elements including the crest’s shape, the way we showcase our unique name and how we use our colours as powerfully as possible to represent our modern-day club with such a rich heritage.

As part of this process, we’re going to be getting in touch with true claret and blue Villans over the coming months to invite you, the fans, to take part.

An important part of this dialogue will be conversations with our Fans Consultation Group. It’s your club and your voice matters in this review. Together, we will find a way of looking at our best for the future whilst respecting our traditions, achievements and DNA.

At this moment which has seen so much positive change and progress, it’s the right time for us to evolve how we look and feel as a whole club - pulling together all the great parts of what we do on and off the pitch.

From men’s, women’s and youth teams, to work in the community and our partnerships with businesses and organisations who also want to be a part of the Villa family.

We can all work together to show the very best of Aston Villa.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Surely we're going round.

Also, I can't imagine it would be brought in for this season.

Crests aren't round. Badges are round.

The current one is crap, but it's a lot better since they tweaked it slightly a few years back. It actually looks decent on the fan shirts, especially when it's monochromed.

If they're reviewing it and designing a new one I hope they don't make the mistake they did last time of just asking the fans and then putting all their ideas together without actually assessing whether it looks good or not!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Just imagine when we finally go down the Juventus road with something like this...

2f21ffb24803388ccf6c169df0bd81de.jpg

The Juventus badge is incredible. Not sure it would work with us though

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

The Juventus badge is incredible. Not sure it would work with us though

Yeah it would be terrible for us. Also our colours doesn't help