New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We know it’s going to end up some version of this so let’s just get it done…we don’t need to spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on fan consulting because fans never agree.  We aren’t going to do anything “out there”, they’ve already hinted about the round badge in the FAQ so just do it.

1B3127BC-8DD7-475A-B32D-AC550ADAE1C7.jpeg

Bingo. After reading through everything, it seems they’re leaning towards something like this.

20 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

We've won FA Cups, League Titles and League Cups too. Think the star highlighting the European Cup is small time. Basically just us and Forest have it on our badges. It's almost saying that we he need to cling to this history cause we have nothing else.  Notice that Liverpool, Chelsea, ManUtd  don't have stars on their badge.

I'm not necessarily saying it needs to be highlighted on the badges.

I don't love the star either, I was making more of a general marketing point.

My view has altered slightly more after watching some of the interviews with the European Cup winners.

I'm not saying it needs to be plastered on the badge or mentioned 24/7, but I don't think it should be swept under the carpet either.

I personally prefer a simpler more modern badge.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The club wanting to highlight their biggest historical achievement, and one only a select number of English Clubs has achieved througout the history of football, should be downplayed by the club?

It's not exactly the Trillion Trophy or the Peace Cup is it?

Good thing you aren't in charge of marketing. There is a bigger picture, aside from just " bants " here.

No one said anything about downplaying it, but it is obsession and it’s way over the top. Absolutely everything seems to need some reference to 1982. We are more than one sodding cup win 40 years ago. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We know it’s going to end up some version of this so let’s just get it done…we don’t need to spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on fan consulting because fans never agree.  We aren’t going to do anything “out there”, they’ve already hinted about the round badge in the FAQ so just do it.

Perfect

38 minutes ago, sne said:

I assume that the design will be one that will be easy to upscale ( and downscale) so it will be handy to use when making merch, shirts and on sites.

yes I think the lion is still too intricate for a modern badge. Will either be super stylised or just a lions head or something. Bit like when spurs showed us their new cock and ball

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Perfect

2 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Just visited their website. Dont see any stars on the logo. Maybe just on the kits.

Actually just read up further but the stars are for league wins just like in Italy 

I think Celtic were wearing a star for a while in Europe 

15 minutes ago, John said:

I would go for an old, new crest myself. 

Aston Villa | Logopedia | Fandom image.jpeg.0391d2c1023048ff86d3eac5537c4e77.jpeg Aston Villa Cup Shirt football shirt 1970 - 1971. Sponsored by no sponsor 

Always liked the middle one but any would be fine.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I think THEY/THEM should wear a non gender specific garment to champion non species specific neutrality 😏

Fixed for you

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

Having read the website post closer I get the distinct impression that:

We are reverting back to a rounded badge

The lion will change colour

AVFC will be dropped for either Aston Villa or Aston Villa FC

• Like 2

If we were going for a circular one I'd use the ajax badge for inspiration. 

I quite like the Minnesota one as well as its not the usual boring shield or round badge and has a distinctive modern look. 

Screenshot_20220624-111825_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220624-112048_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1