New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Just make the colours less pale. I want the old deep proper claret and blue colours. Not the pale sky blue and lemon piss yellow lion. Same for the kit as well. The colours have been messed up for years. 

Better yet, just put the modern lion and star on this:

spacer.png

Yeah I think essentially modernising this would be absolutely fine. 

4 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

I wouldn't mind something unique or edgy, but worry they will get it horribly wrong, thus prefer a safe round badge with Aston Villa on it.

For some reason, I have more faith in NSWE and co to get it right.

Yes, take fan suggestions thoughts into consideration, but ultimately.make the BEST decision for the BEST design.

I reckon the last one, during Lerner years was literally a chucking together of random fan suggestion. Lol

I seriously hope they look at some of the outstanding mockups fans create as well. Both with kits and crests, fan mockups always tend to look better than the actual things!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

If we were going for a circular one I'd use the ajax badge for inspiration. 

I quite like the Minnesota one as well as its not the usual boring shield or round badge and has a distinctive modern look. 

Screenshot_20220624-111825_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220624-112048_Chrome.jpg

Both good shouts especially if we are franchising out to the MLS - I imagine NSWE want a design that’s easily replicated and tied to the overall club branding and colours 

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

For some reason, I have more faith in NSWE and co to get it right.

Yes, take fan suggestions thoughts into consideration, but ultimately.make the BEST decision for the BEST design.

I reckon the last one, during Lerner years was literally a chucking together of random fan suggestion. Lol

I seriously hope they look at some of the outstanding mockups fans create as well. Both with kits and crests, fan mockups always tend to look better than the actual things!

This is exactly it. By all means take suggestions, but you still need a proper designer to put it together effectively and to have the balls to leave out some suggestions if it doesn’t improve the badge. 

Like you said the Lerner one was a bit like Homer Simpson’s car

• Like 1

1 minute ago, His Name Is Death said:

I've always liked the Netherlands' crest, if the designers are stuck for things to do with the lion motif. I would absolutely love having a lion on its own but agree with people who think we should play it safe with a round one.

image.jpeg.f7bdd52a8f065882e72bf2718095a8f7.jpeg

Would love the 69 crest on the third kit 

24 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

If we were going for a circular one I'd use the ajax badge for inspiration. 

I quite like the Minnesota one as well as its not the usual boring shield or round badge and has a distinctive modern look. 

Screenshot_20220624-111825_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220624-112048_Chrome.jpg

I really like that bottom one and could be easily adapted to Villa. 
Im not fussed by round badges. 

• Like 1