New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

47 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Fine as long as it isn't shit.

My list of priorities:

#1 Not shit

End of list.

Can you stop revealing my "conditions" list when I interview new staff for my business please. 

It's f**king confidential. 

• Haha 2

On 24/09/2022 at 11:07, Davkaus said:

Yup. Every logo has to look the same.

We should just go a step further, and ditch the lion, to fully transform in to a modern, digital-first organisation, delivering maximum brand value to our shareholders.

I present:

image.png.cccf9f418b8ec6c6e350c2343080566d.png

That'll be £250,000, please

What about the star. Won't somebody please think of the star.

2 hours ago, His Name Is Death said:

Before anyone even thinks about getting excited, just remember that a lot of logos/crests re-designs are all about losing detail to enhance scalability to small screens.

So don't be surprised if we get something as minimal as the one we've got.

2 hours ago, sne said:

Yup, pretty certain that's what we'll do.

I'm sure that will be part of it, but it has to involve a redesign. They must know that pretty much everyone hates the current badge to some extent. A simplified version of this badge would go down like a lead balloon

It might be a minimal badge, but it has to be a new badge

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm sure that will be part of it, but it has to involve a redesign. They must know that pretty much everyone hates the current badge to some extent. A simplified version of this badge would go down like a lead balloon

It might be a minimal badge, but it has to be a new badge

Hate is too strong  a word. It is just a bit meh. I hardly pay any attention to it.

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Hate is too strong  a word. It is just a bit meh. I hardly pay any attention to it.

Yeah it’s too strong, that’s why I said to some extent. I don’t really know anyone who likes the current badge. We’ve all got used to it but I think if you did a survey of whether people actually like the badge, it would be overwhelmingly in favour of not liking it

The current badge benefits greatly from just being better than it’s predecessor.

Like a number of others have said, I’m now leaning much more to having no surrounding shield/circle around the lion. Just a lion together with the club name. It’s more of a clean, sleek look.

Ideally the lion would be like that detailed black and white design, maybe a little less detail if it’s absolutely necessary. Not sure what colour though, yellow/gold looks good on a claret shirt as per @a m ole‘s design so that would be my thought for how it looks on the shirt.

20 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

They showed us a lot of stuff - much of it was 'elements' rather than "here are our ideas for the badge" - it was lion 1 in frame 2 with typeface 3.

I think they wanted to gauge reactions to the different ways they were approaching things and that some of the badges they presented were deliberately provocative, but I suspect they'd hoped for a more positive reaction to some of the stuff they're actually keen on.

In answer to the question above, the feedback was almost entirely negative to the ideas that were presented to us. I wasn't at the first meeting, but it seems that those that were felt that what was presented at this meeting didn't really do the very proactive conversations they had at that meeting justice. I'd also say we were followed by a second group of (younger looking) fans and they might have felt differently.

It's difficult, I think we understand the club's desire for something modern and for something that stands out, and we also understand the importance of Aston Villa's place in football's history, our legacy and our place in the game - squishing those together isn't simple - but I think the answer probably lies in that simplicity.

For me, I like a lion that stands alone without a shield or surround, I can take or leave the star and I'd like the words "Aston Villa" in a traditional, grown up typeface.

Is that Dragon Rouge firm that did the Lille/PSG rebrands and I think were at the previous meeting still involved?

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/september/26/aston-villa-club-crest-update/

Earlier this year we announced our intention to carry out a review of how we visually present Aston Villa Football Club and outlined that a review of our current club crest would form part of this process. 

In this announcement we confirmed that it was our intention to involve you, the fans, in the review, to make sure that any changes take into account what is important to you.

Earlier this month we confirmed that nearly 13,000 Villa fans had completed a digital survey to share their views on the crest and our wider visual identity.

In addition, from the 6,500 fans who initially registered interest in being involved, we asked if any would like to continue sharing their views with us on this project. We subsequently formed a steering group made up of 24 supporters randomly selected from the fanbase across a range of ages and including our internationally based fans.

They all have taken part in discussions with club officials and we have also consulted with our officially constituted Fan Consultation Group (FCG). Thank you again to all our supporters who took part at this stage in the process.

Our learnings from fans to guide us were:

1. The current crest does not represent Aston Villa well
  2. There is no emotional attachment from supporters to the current crest
  3. Fans told us that they think there should be a better way of representing the club and our values in a crest
  4. They said the Lion, name Aston Villa and our colours of claret and blue were fundamental to the crest
  5. Some liked the idea of the date of our foundation being included
  6. The star to signify the European Cup win was welcomed, but not viewed by some as essential
  7. There is room for exploration in the shape of the crest to balance our history while remaining unique

The invaluable input we received as part of this consultation helped us get a clear sense of what is important to the majority of fans as we look to evolve our identity into one that reflects our unique heritage as well as our status as a modern Premier League football club.

These insights have been used to directly support the creative development of possible new and evolved crest designs, and on Tuesday, September 20 we invited fan groups, including the FCG, to preview the progress that has been made.

During the meeting the groups were given an overview of the feedback collected from the initial phase of fan consultation, along with variations of multiple work-in-progress crest designs.

The purpose of these fan sessions was not to present final versions of possible crests, but instead to present variations in order to get feedback on the preferred use of elements, possible lion variations, the crest shape, use of our name and colour.

The comments and contributions made were insightful and constructive, and whilst, as expected, a broad range of views were shared, there were also consistent themes that materialised, particularly around how the lion should appear on the crest, how the name ‘Aston Villa’ should be used and the balance of colour.

The feedback provided will now be used to further guide the creative process and the design of refined crest options.

As we have done throughout, we will then look to test how any suitable options work in important areas the crest is used, from future kits to our stadium to social media and broadcast.

Our priority as we continue the process will be continuing consultation with our supporters. We take the responsibility of considering changes to our crest very seriously and therefore fan groups will again be invited to preview and comment on new designs prior to any decision being made on the future of our crest. We will also discuss with these fans groups how best to share designs with the entire Aston Villa supporter base and will provide further updates in the coming weeks. 

We are excited to be one step closer to delivering you a crest that represents the heritage and ambition of the club, and we’d like to once again thank all our fans for stepping forward and playing their role in this process so far.

So with the article above stating the 7 main bits coming back from us fans what do we think represents us as a club that could and should go into the new crest?

For me I think we need to have a uniquely shaped crest as we have a unique name. I love the round badge but it’s just like everyone else’s.

The lion obviously but an updated one. I’d personally have one like the Czech Republic but with a bigger mane and lose the serpent tongue. It should look like it’s going to tear you a new one though. 
83D60E24-91E4-4B6F-B329-7923665627C7.jpeg.ebe2c11dfe50c4c364375b0622493378.jpeg

I’d like us to play around with the AV element too as I think from a digital perspective this would stand out really well (the lion will get lost somewhat)