Crystal Palace

1 minute ago, Mozzavfc said:

Good deal for Palace

Can't believe Spurs didn't want Nuno. Seems an obvious pick

does it not say it all when all Nuno could attract is Palace

His style of football is dire and Levy promised a manager with attacking football 

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

does it not say it all when all Nuno could attract is Palace

His style of football is dire and Levy promised a manager with attacking football 

I'm not sure that there's many teams that would suit Nuno as a manager to be honest. As you say the style of football is an issue and I can see this being an extension of the negative football played by Palace.

How Nuno copes without an entire Portuguese team bought for him is another question with this one.

What's actually in this for Nuno out of interest?

I'm amazed he's taking this job as I really can't see the logic given it will take a minor miracle for Palace even to finish top half next season and they need major surgery on their squad now. Even talk they might finally relent and let Zaha leave this summer.

Not sure he's even the right sort of fit for what Palace need now even if on paper his achievements are better than really anyone else they could've appointed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

What's actually in this for Nuno out of interest?

I'm amazed he's taking this job as I really can't see the logic given it will take a minor miracle for Palace even to finish top half next season and they need major surgery on their squad now. Even talk they might finally relent and let Zaha leave this summer.

Not sure he's even the right sort of fit for what Palace need now even if on paper his achievements are better than really anyone else they could've appointed.

Also amazed.

It'll be a blank slate so he can bring in his own players...but what will his budget be?

Will his mate Jorge help him out with some lads coming in on cheaper deals? Probably not if he's invested in wolves. They're in a battle with them for above 15th next season.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with just taking a job for a few years because money and see where it goes. The end for Wolves didn't do wonders for his reputation, not likely to get a higher prem job. A non prem team won't pay the same money so why bother going abroad?

I might be way off for him personally but sometimes jobs are just jobs too.

I think there's every danger that he's been pushed out the door on the quiet at wolves and this is a great chance to give them a big **** you 

His CV also isn't that great, if he can make Palace a mid table team then there's a chance that he could get a bigger job, assuming that neither spurs or Everton gave him even a sniff so he'll know how limited his options are, live in London on the PL money, set up really tight and then counter with Zaha, obviously Eze is a huge miss, theres a few frees out there to play with and I'd guess even if the transfer kitty isn't huge the wage budget must be ok after they released so many players themselves 

Just looking at the players out of contract and released, it’s quite a list and a good opportunity to rebuild. It’s gonna need some cash though. 

Gary Cahill - contract expired

Scott Dann - contract expired

Nathaniel Clyne - contract expired

Wayne Hennessey - contract expired

James McCarthy - contract expired

Mamadou Sakho - contract expired

Patrick van Aanholt - contract expired

Connor Wickham - contract expired

5 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Just looking at the players out of contract and released, it’s quite a list and a good opportunity to rebuild. It’s gonna need some cash though. 

Gary Cahill - contract expired

Scott Dann - contract expired

Nathaniel Clyne - contract expired

Wayne Hennessey - contract expired

James McCarthy - contract expired

Patrick van Aanholt - contract expired

Connor Wickham - contract expired

Mamadou Sakho, so good they named him twice!

• Haha 2

I saw and heard it stated extensively that Nuno had a hard time of it over the past 6 or so months because of not being able to see his family. This was put forward as a contributing factor to his final disappointing season with Wolves.

Now obviously I don’t know and will never know how hard he found it and what impact it had on his job. But the amount it was discussed and was generally accepted, I had assumed that after leaving Wolves, he’d be taking a season off from management, or maybe a job closer to home. I certainly wasn’t expecting him to stay in the country and immediately take what is essentially a sideways move at best (there is the London factor, I accept).

Is it possible the homesick stuff was exaggerated a bit by those looking to explain away a poor season?

Talks with Nuno off, reportedly due to Nuno's demands (possibly transfer budget or something?)

Tell you what, with Eze injured, if someone can prise Zaha away from them & depending on who they sign this summer, i would think they are nailed on relegation candidates.

Now other clubs have seen that he was prepared to take a job like Palace, he might get offers from teams of a similar level, if Moyes or Potter go to Everton, then wouldn't be surprised to see him at West Ham or Brighton. He might still end up at Everton himself.

Edited by useless

Â