Crystal Palace

48 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Another side where I just don't see the goals coming, though the stat listed them as 2nd highest away scorers this year behind Citeh.

Woy seems to have a knack of getting a tune out of them though. Hopefully it has all gone stale.

Get a lot of penalties, think Milivojevuc was top scorer last season. Needed a striker badly in summer 

Wouldnt be surprised if they went for Sturridge

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Wouldnt be surprised if they went for Sturridge

If they do Who will they then go for when sturridge is 9ut for the season with a hamstring strain? 

It's always been on Zaha. He was marked easily out of the game today and was trying to dribble round 3 Sheffield players all the time so think he's still sulking a bit from not getting a move.

Their other attacking options are....Connor Wickham. Yes he's still there.

Ayew. One goal last season.

Andros Townsend. 6 league goals last season so not too bad but hugely inconsistant player.

Benteke. FOUR premier league goals in last two seasons. Sad to see how far he's fallen.

Given their late signing was Gary Cahill seems the plan is to try to scrap out ten 1-0 wins. Huge relegation contenders I think.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

It's always been on Zaha. He was marked easily out of the game today and was trying to dribble round 3 Sheffield players all the time so think he's still sulking a bit from not getting a move.

Their other attacking options are....Connor Wickham. Yes he's still there.

Ayew. One goal last season.

Andros Townsend. 6 league goals last season so not too bad but hugely inconsistant player.

Benteke. FOUR premier league goals in last two seasons. Sad to see how far he's fallen.

Given their late signing was Gary Cahill seems the plan is to try to scrap out ten 1-0 wins. Huge relegation contenders I think.

The guy Sorloth they signed about 18 months ago was a Balaban level flop

• 11 months later...

The 1st team in Premier League history to not score more than 2 goals in a game all season and stay up. They also had the highest average age of any team in the league this season

43 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Prime contenders for the drop next season I think.

Yeah saw a lot of complaining from them on social media about woy being too safe and boring

They're being linked with a lot of decent young players but again part of him being safe is the ones they already have aren't playing enough

• 2 months later...
On 13/10/2020 at 19:30, KenjiOgiwara said:

They got 17 players on outgoing contracts in 2021 😅

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/crystal-palace/vertragsende/verein/873

Man that is a shitfest for them.  How the hell have they managed that? They are not going to be able get any money for most of them that close to a free transfer. 

55 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Man that is a shitfest for them.  How the hell have they managed that? They are not going to be able get any money for most of them that close to a free transfer. 

I see it as more impressive they have stayed up this long, Roy deserves a ton of credit for keeping a hit squad up. Except Benteke 1st season they haven’t had a striker since to score

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

I see it as more impressive they have stayed up this long, Roy deserves a ton of credit for keeping a hit squad up. Except Benteke 1st season they haven’t had a striker since to score

I think the criticism around contracts is more at the board than at Roy. It can both be true that Roy has done an excellent job with the tools at hand, and that the club have been negligent in letting so many contracts run down.

3 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Oof. Is that not their entire first team except for Zaha and Milovojevic?

It does seem like quite a lot of players who play fairly regularly. Maybe I'm wrong - I don't examine their teamsheets - but Schlupp, Townsend, van Aanholt, McArthur, Guaita, Ward and Cahill are all fairly regular players right? Quite a few over 30, but still, that would be a lot to replace, so you'd assume they'll be trying to get short extensions for most of those?

• 7 months later...
30 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Eze out for 8 months...huge loss for them

I've got no sympathy at all for these words removed.

Â