Crystal Palace

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's a young lads career ffs.

Achilles injuries are career enders. Best he can hope for now is he stands still in his career

I'm on about the club, not the player.

11 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its a big job for somebody to take over after Uncle Woy's retirement.  I am not sure Dyce would be that tempted don't know who they will go for. Fat Frank?

Or John Terry? He must be getting itchy feet to start managing for himself soon?

Have Palace ever been anything other than middling? I don't think they've ever won a major competition, and I fail to think of any minor ones either. (And when was the last time they qualified for Europe?)

It's a shame for a club with such a great name.

Edited by His Name Is Death

8 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

Have Palace ever been anything other than middling? I don't think they've ever won a major competition, and I fail to think of any minor ones either. (And when was the last time they qualified for Europe?)

I don’t think they’ve been much better, but they’ve been much worse.

This is the risk they have, they’ll almost certainly plummet from here.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

you're doing the 'full members cup' a great disservice there...

edit: had to look it up. they never played in europe...they finished 3rd in the league one year but because of england's coefficient rating being so bad as a result of heysel we only had 2 teams qualify for europe that year. so rotten luck for them.

Edited by tomav84

Palace are the kind of team that look to be a steady premier league side, but all it would take is one bad season for them to drop down to the championship and they could easily become stuck in that division for a while, basically their biggest draw is that they're a premier league side, in the championship they'd just go back to being a similar sized club to the likes of Stoke, Blackburn, Middlesbrough, QPR, and so on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, His Name Is Death said:

They were a nothing club until Malcom Allison. Changed their kit and nickname.

They have a huge catchment area but the ground is a dump and a nightmare to get to.

All of the big clubs in London are north of the river, yet the majority of the residential areas are sarf to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, His Name Is Death said:

From what I gather from podcasts and such they lost an FA cup final in the early 90s with Ian Wright and Pardew and that's the best thing that has ever happened to them

3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Or John Terry? He must be getting itchy feet to start managing for himself soon?

I think he will find it hard to walk away from this project, from top to bottom we are attempting to crack the monopoly of the big4 winning almost everything. I doubt he would make the same mistake as Lampard and jumping in to a job too big and anything else would have less prestige then what we are trying to do.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

From what I gather from podcasts and such they lost an FA cup final in the early 90s with Ian Wright and Pardew and that's the best thing that has ever happened to them

they lost FA Cup final in 2016 I think it was, left us with a magic moment

Pardew GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, tomav84 said:

you're doing the 'full members cup' a great disservice there...

edit: had to look it up. they never played in europe...they finished 3rd in the league one year but because of england's coefficient rating being so bad as a result of heysel we only had 2 teams qualify for europe that year. so rotten luck for them.

They had a cracking team back then.... Wright, Bright, Salako, Thomas, Andy Gray...

7 hours ago, Genie said:

I don’t think they’ve been much better, but they’ve been much worse.

This is the risk they have, they’ll almost certainly plummet from here.

Yep one of their rivals is Charlton. Between 2000-06 they constantly finished top half and weren't far off europe in some seasons. Then Curbishley left, they got relegated the next season and haven't come close to premier league since, indeed they've just yo yoed between championship and league one more with chaotic ownership. Their youth system still produced likes of Lookman, Konsa and Joe Gomez in last 5 years aswell so one of the better ones in London.

Palace are a bit stuck now. Go for a Dyche seems logical with how he plays and the sort who won't demand millions to spend compared to Lampard who probably would. Feels like Parish is a bit scared now to get the american investors to spend more as a few years back they signed all of Benteke, Sakho, Cabaye and Townsend in the same summer and were expected to push into top half but it never happened.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Think these will be doing a Sunderland these next few years.

15 players out of contract in the summer, throw in the euros that will delay player transfers, and a new manager that needs to be appointed yesterday to get the ball rolling on identifying targets

Our trolly dash season relegated us, I'd be shocked if these don't do the same

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Someone mentioned last week that they have never got 50 points in the prem, that’s an awful record if true 

A club who are happy to be in the prem, get to 40 points and turn off ready for next season

Â