$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

So that means takeover is no where near then.

Good times.

Despite all these complicated theories and names - never overlook the simple....There's no buyer and Lamberts staying - presumably with some budget. Based on the last few games of last season we are in for a very bumpy ride....

• Like 1

Will lerner still be thanked if we start next season with him still here, Lambert in charge and a minimum amount spent on the squad?

People thanked/appreciated Lerner for several positive reasons. Why do you have such a problem with that? Does it really matter to you that much if people still did thank him if that scenario occurs?

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 2

Stop looking for conspiracy theories. There's no buyer, there will be one eventually but in the meantime we are going to struggle massively. All this talk of new owners should now be put to bed until news of actual interested parties arises. We were never sold, aren't in the process of being sold and are just up for sale. End of

How on Earth can you jump to a conclusion like that? Yeah I think it's safe to assume that there's no buyer ready to be announced but there's certainly a possibility that there are talks going on the background.

Edited by Mantis

Will lerner still be thanked if we start next season with him still here, Lambert in charge and a minimum amount spent on the squad?

It wouldn't be the end of the world as long as Lambert was given £20 mil to buy a couple of players. If hes still here and given lambert no money then 'we go again'. I dont expect Lambert to walk away like Mon did.

Edited by The_Lions_Roar

It wouldn't be the end of the world as long as Lambert was given £20 mil to buy a couple of players. If hes still here and given lambert no money then 'we go again'. I dont expect Lambert to walk away like Mon did.

We went backwards when Lambert was given money last year. I think with the current feelings from the fans around the place it would be a disaster starting the season with Lambert in charge.

To be fair, Nursey releases a 'Lambert is staying' article nearly every week but I do think he is correct and that is what the announcement will be.

Oh for **** sake, it's Mirror. English "newspapers" are as reliable as "ITKs" in twatter, I believe news when they come from the club itself.

Actually James Nursey is pretty reliable - He was the only one  still saying Lambert when OGS looked imminent.

We went backwards when Lambert was given money last year. I think with the current feelings from the fans around the place it would be a disaster starting the season with Lambert in charge.

If there is nobody interested in buying the club, what exactly do you expect Lerner to do? Pull one out of his arse?

He has said he will try and sell the club, what else can he do now? Sack Lambert? Try and hire another manager potentially without a single penny to spend?

• Like 1

In all fairness, Lambert staying during the Lerner tenure is effectively the same as there being no real developments as of yet. He's simply staying in his employed capacity until he's given the sack.

Lerner's not going to sack him and pay the bill himself - especially after his words of praise. Lambert's not going to walk and miss out on his severance pay, so it's down to the new owners to assess his contract.

To me it's just common sense that the club either lets the manager resign for free, or the club is sold with him in charge.

• Like 2

If there is nobody interested in buying the club, what exactly do you expect Lerner to do? Pull one out of his arse?

He has said he will try and sell the club, what else can he do now? Sack Lambert? Try and hire another manager potentially without a single penny to spend?

Should I be praising and thanking him for it? At the moment it looks like another in a long line of **** ups that end up damaging the club.

Should I be praising and thanking him for it? At the moment it looks like another in a long line of **** ups that end up damaging the club.

Nobody said you need to praise and thank him for it, but do you have to slag him off at every given opportunity? Better yet, do you have to question the opinions of other fans at every given opportunity?

• Like 4

Oh for **** sake, it's Mirror. English "newspapers" are as reliable as "ITKs" in twatter, I believe news when they come from the club itself.

Actually James Nursey is pretty reliable - He was the only one  still saying Lambert when OGS looked imminent.

Oh he guessed right? Whoopsie doo. I'll never trust what journalists say, I'm not saying Lambert is going but him staying until the sale is complete isn't rocket science.