$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I wish they'd move their weekly Monday statements/releasing of news to a Sunday! I got no work done last week, and it sounds like I'm going to do the same this week.

Admin guy saying on TBAR that Lambert has gone.

He says a lot of things.
Do you know who he is?

Nope? Do you?
Just spent an hour reading the forum, interesting to say the least. I would love to know who he is, might help strengthen his claims

JB

Admin guy saying on TBAR that Lambert has gone.

He says a lot of things.

Do you know who he is?

Nope? Do you?

Just spent an hour reading the forum, interesting to say the least. I would love to know who he is, might help strengthen his claims

JB

J Bowz? *insert wheelchair gif*

i think it is Redbull. they were the initial rumours in January. Houllier had to deny it. Houllier knows the potential of this club. he will be DOF with Yakin as manager. Hopefully they don't rename us or our colours or logo. happy to play out of red bull arena with red bull as our major sponsors on the kit.

I do not know if it is Red Bull, but I am excited by the prospect.

I am torn on the name/kit change. If it led to success it would be difficult to complain, but it would also feel odd rooting for a team not in claret and blue.

What's not for sale?

The colours and the name.

They can change whatever else they like

You had better hope its not Red Bull then!

i think it is Redbull. they were the initial rumours in January. Houllier had to deny it. Houllier knows the potential of this club. he will be DOF with Yakin as manager. Hopefully they don't rename us or our colours or logo. happy to play out of red bull arena with red bull as our major sponsors on the kit.

I am torn on the name/kit change. If it led to success it would be difficult to complain, but it would also feel odd rooting for a team not in claret and blue.

What's not for sale?

From a Red Bull's perspective, wouldn't those two be the exact things they'd look to change?

"Whatever else" is much cheaper to change by other means than buying a football club.

I really hope it's not Red Bull.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 3

What's not for sale?

It would be their club they can change what they like. Doubtful the name will chsnge though.

I don't think it's Red Bull

1) Dafabet are our current sponsor and have another year on their contract (however, this could be bought out and changed)

2) Next year's kits have been 'leaked' and show to be Claret and Blue and traditional (also made by our current manufacturer Macron) - this doesn't appear to be the Red Bull way who have changed their teams colours to match their own - in fact, RB Leipzig, RB New York and RB Salzburg all have the same Adidas kit. (again, Macron could be bought out of the contract by RB but it's leaving it all a little late to install Adidas as the kit manufacturer) 

3) The Red Bull brand is not who I would expect Randy Lerner to sell to - when looking at his time at this club, Randy has always been keen to maintain the traditions of the club and it's identity (ie, the Holte Hotel, the murel, the links with the community). There's no way, he'd let Red Bull come in and change his legacy and mark on the club to have Red Bull daubed across it.

4) Dietrich Mateshitz would never have an Aston Villa tattoo ;)

• Like 3

As much as I would like this to happen, how did we get back to this Red Bull link? I'll have to take this as a pinch of salt since what happened re doughnut link and mendi

From bullshit as per usual.

The WUMs have a field day with this site

If Red Bull change the name and the kit colours Aston Villa no longer exist.

Speaking of name changes. Hull City weren't allowed to change their name so I think Red Bull would have a hard time pushing that through.

• Like 1

Ho ho.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1310772/Aston-Villa-boss-Gerard-Houllier-Were-Liverpool--expect-finish-7th-12th.html

Gerard Houllier risks wrath of Aston Villa fans by declaring: 'We're not Liverpool... we can expect to finish between seventh and 12th'

I'm not sure how attractive a PL team would be to Red Bull, I don't think they'd be allowed to pull their usual shit. The Hull chairman had the name change of Hull Tigers rejected, I can't imagine RB would be allowed to rename us Red Bull Birmingham which is almost certainly what they'd want to do.