$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

As i mentioned before, not that it means much, but im staking my reputation on here that its Red Bull.

There could be a lot lot worse buyers, especially with a exciting new manager in charge.

Gut feeling or ITK whispering? 

Does anyone have an idea how our massive TV money pay out (73million?) will affect our finances? will this push us significantly into profit for the next financial year (i would expect so?) if so, from a purely corporate sense we are a very sensible investment - however, i wouldnt want an owner who just saw us as an investment really...

also - if we are making a profit - and lerner is willing to sell the club for 200mill and take a 100mill loss....then surely that means the profit for last season is available for transfers as this would have been accounted for otherwise?

We have been making losses until this summer. We have 20m to spare before going into the red roughly

Folks if we want to compete with the top 6-8 clubs unfortunately we have to sell the naming rights to Villa Park which ive no issue with.

Secondly our kit colours arent that far from Red Bull colours and i think they could be creative here and keep both fans and the company happy.

Thirdly they wont be allowed to change the name without fans consent, which was also tested by the Hull Tigers debacle.

As i mentioned before, not that it means much, but im staking my reputation on here that its Red Bull.

There could be a lot lot worse buyers, especially with a exciting new manager in charge.

We would wouldn't actually get that much for the naming rights - sure its big headline figure - like say £80m - but these deals are usually over 10 years ......so £8m a year.........not going to catapault us into CL is it ?

8-10 million a year. That a quality player every season. Would have paid Barrys and Lukakas loan deals this season. Yes it wont catapult us into CL but it will make us compete with top 6-8 teams which i stated.

• Like 1

One thing is fact. There is definately a embargo on the media from Villa. They aren't even speculating at the moment. I personally think we are sold, just the details to be confirmed and signed I would say. Its rare for the media not to even speculate from all the rumors going on. Even the amateur journalists have had a little peep on here for a story in the past.

Not begin funny but can you talk about Milner somewhere else. This thread is on takeover, and am getting confused now.

If you work for the club then it's no wonder we're in the shit. Basic English and the ability to handle two topics at once should be a prerequisite.

'Mendi'  in Hindi and Urdu means Henna (that colouring ) - probably like the scottish - He Henna got a clue! :P

This statement from someone who consistently feeds us the worst ITK on here.............please 

You on about me! - Since when have I posted ITK stuff?? The only thing I've posted is that I know David Bick who advised Lerner when he took over and that I was waiting to hear from him - where's the ITK in that???

Sorry Nazvfc, I was referring to Mendi. 

Sorry - My bad !! thought it referred to me - no offence meant or taken fellow Villa brother! :thumb:

Pure Gut feeling gentleman. Not ITK My brothers friend works at Villa park and he is adamant that its red bull (doubt he would know though).

I did notice last Tuesday a post on http://www.astonvillarumours.co.uk which is to much of a coincidence in my view given what happened with Mr Yakin yesterday.

14 May 2014 19:01:33

Talk that a large Austrian energy drink company (no surprises who!) have been in the frame all along to take over the villa, hearing the turn around will happen swiftly with players coming in and out, one name that will start to do the rounds is Taison as other teams are circling the brazilian after having a unsuccessful time in Ukraine.

Only mumblings so far but Red Bull are keen on Murat Yakin as a potential manager, he was touted to take over a unnamed ligue 1 side they had a interest in.

Also Taison is a bit of a Random name.

Edited by HeyAnty
  • Like 1

Pure Gut feeling gentleman. Not ITK My brothers friend works at Villa park and he is adamant that its red bull (doubt he would know though).

I did notice last Tuesday a post on http://www.astonvillarumours.co.uk which is to much of a coincidence in my view given what happened with Mr Yakin yesterday.

14 May 2014 19:01:33

Talk that a large Austrian energy drink company (no surprises who!) have been in the frame all along to take over the villa, hearing the turn around will happen swiftly with players coming in and out, one name that will start to do the rounds is Taison as other teams are circling the brazilian after having a unsuccessful time in Ukraine.

Only mumblings so far but Red Bull are keen on Murat Yakin as a potential manager, he was touted to take over a unnamed ligue 1 side they had a interest in.

Some guy on TBAR is implying that Murat Yakin will be our next manager also. 

One thing is fact. There is definately a embargo on the media from Villa. They aren't even speculating at the moment. I personally think we are sold, just the details to be confirmed and signed I would say. Its rare for the media not to even speculate from all the rumors going on. Even the amateur journalists have had a little peep on here for a story in the past.

That had crossed my mind - but there's lots of footballing news at the moment ,  - just wonder unless youre a villa fan - its not that newsworthy...

Folks if we want to compete with the top 6-8 clubs unfortunately we have to sell the naming rights to Villa Park which ive no issue with.

Secondly our kit colours arent that far from Red Bull colours and i think they could be creative here and keep both fans and the company happy.

Thirdly they wont be allowed to change the name without fans consent, which was also tested by the Hull Tigers debacle.

We would wouldn't actually get that much for the naming rights - sure its big headline figure - like say £80m - but these

deals are usually over 10 years ......so £8m a year.........not going to catapault us into CL is it ?

8-10 million a year. That a quality player every season. Would have paid Barrys and Lukakas loan deals this season.

Yes it wont catapult us into CL but it will make us compete with top 6-8 teams which i

stated.

This. I wouldn't want the ground re branded but an extra 8 million pounds a season is a lot of money to a team like us and would help an awful lot in making us more competitive.

Why would the media agree to this?

I think it's just indicative of how secretive these deals can be. The only people who would need to know are Lerner, his advisors (Keith Harris, Ian Bell and Josh Whipple) and Faulkner.

This is why I believe that there are no true ITKs in all this. Nobody knows anything.

We would wouldn't actually get that much for the naming rights - sure its big headline figure - like say £80m - but these

deals are usually over 10 years ......so £8m a year.........not going to catapault us into CL is it ?

8-10 million a year. That a quality player every season. Would have paid Barrys and Lukakas loan deals this season.

Yes it wont catapult us into CL but it will make us compete with top 6-8 teams which i

stated.

This. I wouldn't want the ground re branded but an extra 8 million pounds a season is a lot of money to a team like us and would help an awful lot in making us more competitive.

It would help - but its not game changing IMO 

Why would the media agree to this?

Apparently if you break an embargo - you don't get news from that club again........so I read somewhere !