$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Red Bull wouldn't want a team they can't change. It's all a big marketing campaign for them. They know they would face huge opposition to changing things in the premier league. Vincent Tan, The Hull Tigers, The Sports Direct Stadium, etc. It happens but it's not as easy as it is elsewhere.

If Red Bull were to take over we'd obviously get them as a shirt sponsor (no one would have a problem with that) and they'd probably try and change the name of the ground (don't think that would be too controversial either if it came with heavy investment) but I honestly can't see them trying to completely change the crest and colours of the club like they've done with other smaller teams. I just think they'd see it as being too much trouble. Besides, having a Premier League team like Villa playing in Red Bull Arena (or whatever they call it) with Red Bull plastered across their shirts would probably be enough exposure.

But then why would they buy us? It would be much more sensible for them to just sponsor us, why shell out the extra £50m+ per year for no gain?

Thankfully, maybe hopefully, this is why I think this Red Bull stuff is bullshit. It makes no sense for them to buy us if they can't change us to Red Bull Birmingham/Aston or whatever it would be, or change our colours. As Trent said, it's literally the reason they do it, and you'd hope the FA would be smart enough to block such actions.

• Like 1

I don't think there's any chance red bull would be able to change the name and the badge of the club. I could live with stadium name change.

I hope this is wrong about Red Bull . I would rather be in the championship than turn up at my beloved home of real football and see a neon sign naming it after a fizzy drink. (The way the owner acts in formula 1 over the years really gets on my **** as well.)

If Red Bull were to change the name of the stadium I don't think it could come with heavy investment because it isn't allowed I don't think. Otherwise all the mega rich clubs could just use that to get around FFP

If Red Bull were to change the name of the stadium I don't think it could come with heavy investment because it isn't allowed I don't think. Otherwise all the mega rich clubs could just use that to get around FFP

I didn't mean it in that way, I just meant that fans would be more accepting if they were investing heavily in the club at the same time.

• Like 1

Does anyone have an idea how our massive TV money pay out (73million?) will affect our finances? will this push us significantly into profit for the next financial year (i would expect so?) if so, from a purely corporate sense we are a very sensible investment - however, i wouldnt want an owner who just saw us as an investment really... 
also - if we are making a profit - and lerner is willing to sell the club for 200mill and take a 100mill loss....then surely that means the profit for last season is available for transfers as this would have been accounted for otherwise?

Havent Real Madrid sold their stadium and then afterwards been gifted it back twice to loose some of their debt?

Other than trying to have a little giggle at Houllier, thus post is pretty pointless Briny.

Oh, right... Unlike every other post In this thread which is entirely serious, purposeful, analytically sound and factually based! :lol:

At least I had a source to quote.

• Like 1

Havent Real Madrid sold their stadium and then afterwards been gifted it back twice to loose some of their debt?

I don't know, but I don't think Red Bull would be able to put any money into the club of the back of sponsoring us with their own brand.

If it's change for the better in that we get some long term major investment into the club which breeds success then I couldn't give a shit what they do.

Not if they kill Aston Villa as we know it in the process.

I think the protests to Red Bull would be massive and we would probably even have non Villa fans joining in on our side as well. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

I liked Houllier, so I will defend him! (pointlessly, may I add!)

393 pages, how many more before we have an end date?

Using the mobile app, we're on page 787! I expect almost double this amount before we get anything concrete.
  • Like 1