$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Red Bull's thing is to put their name on everything, including the club. RedBull Aston Villa FC is what they'd insist on.

Thankfully Randy won't sell to them for this very reason.

• Like 3

The best way for new owners to start the new season with the fans full backing is buy or loan, Rodwell, Lescott, Sincair, MILNER, Barry. Man city are releasing all these players. I think Micah Richards will become available too! Adding them to our team will be the quickest way to at least top 6 already.

The best way for new owners to start the new season with the fans full backing is buy or loan, Rodwell, Lescott, Sincair, MILNER, Barry. Man city are releasing all these players. I think Micah Richards will become available too! Adding them to our team will be the quickest way to at least top 6 already.

Only one I'd really want out of them lot is Milner, possibly Barry. We don't want to go down the O'Neill route again of only looking in the UK.

Is Milner being released? Pellegrini seems to rate him.

Only one I'd really want out of them lot is Milner, possibly Barry. We don't want to go down the O'Neill route again of only looking in the UK.

It will not really be the O'Neil route. I doubt Reo Coker, Beye, davis were any where near the quality those above!

So today is Sunday so no news for us today. Tomorrow being a Monday you never know some of us are expecting a bit of news based on a few tweets yesterday but maybe we'll have to wait until Tuesday and guess what? I really wouldn't be surprised if its something to do with Karsa and Culverhouse.

I think it'll be page 27 before our new owners are confirmed.

Edited by useless

I saw CI on there the other day recommending that as soon as the takeover goes ahead we should be looking to sign Sidwell and Huges back from Fulham and also Beckford.

?????????. He was probably heavily intoxicated, no other excuse!

If memory serves me right, as they already own Saltzburg, Red Bull aren't strictly allowed to own another european club in case both clubs meet in european competition. However, they could become major shareholders. I would think that they would therefore set up a company specific to ownership to get around such obstacles. Also, and again I may be wrong, but I'm sure under premier league (or may be UEFA) rules an owner isn't allowed to put their own name on the kit as sponsor. So again by setting up a new 'ownership' company would be a way around this, or Dr Dietrech says that he is buying us personally rather that RB themselves.

Oh of course my entire post could turn out to be, as our American chums say, baloney.

Edited by stewiek2

If memory serves me right, as they already own Saltzburg, Red Bull aren't strictly allowed to own another european club in case both clubs meet in european competition. However, they could become major shareholders. I would think that they would therefore set up a company specific to ownership to get around such obstacles. Also, and again I may be wrong, but I'm sure under premier league (or may be UEFA) rules an owner isn't allowed to put their own name on the kit as sponsor. So again by setting up a new 'ownership' company would be a way around this, or Dr Dietrech says that he is buying us personally rather that RB themselves.

Oh of course my entire post could turn out to be, as our American chums say, baloney.

Don't they own a club in Germany already?

• Like 1