$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Would anyone have a problem if the away kit used Red Bull colours?

Every Red Bull club has the same kit and the same badge (minus the name change at the bottom).

They wouldn't buy a club if they can't apply their template to it, anything less than transforming it in to a full Red Bull club and they may as well just sponsor the shirt.

i think it is Redbull. they were the initial rumours in January. Houllier had to deny it. Houllier knows the potential of this club. he will be DOF with Yakin as manager. Hopefully they don't rename us or our colours or logo. happy to play out of red bull arena with red bull as our major sponsors on the kit.

Ho ho.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1310772/Aston-Villa-boss-Gerard-Houllier-Were-Liverpool--expect-finish-7th-12th.html

Gerard Houllier risks wrath of Aston Villa fans by declaring: 'We're not Liverpool... we can expect to finish between seventh and 12th'

Other than trying to have a little giggle at Houllier, thus post is pretty pointless Briny. It's obvious that Houllier wasn't talking about the future potential of our club at that moment.
  • Like 4

Red Bull, it's all rumour and conjecture.

Why the hell are people wetting their knickers about name changes, kit colours and rebranding.

I'll fall out of love with the club.

I'll fall out of love with football.

I'll never go again.

It's all that's wrong with modern football.

It a friggin rumour, don't get worked up about it.

And, if it did happen, there if bugger all you can do about it, other than not support the club anymore.

• Like 3

Red Bull, it's all rumour and conjecture.

Why the hell are people wetting their knickers about name changes, kit colours and rebranding.

I'll fall out of love with the club.

I'll fall out of love with football.

I'll never go again.

It's all that's wrong with modern football.

It a friggin rumour, don't get worked up about it.

And, if it did happen, there if bugger all you can do about it, other than not support the club anymore.

Aston Villa is my club.

• Like 4

All I want is for Villa to be owned by someone who cares about the club and the fans and whom wants to have a real go at making Villa a top 6 club season after season. I'm not saying that we need to be title contenders every year or qualifiers for Champions League.

Just want to see a team with enough quality and fight to get top 6 each season and give us the hope of a top 4 finish here and there as well as taking the cup competitions seriously and trying to win one of those.

Does that take billions? I'm not sure. Just know that a spend of around at least 60 million would probably need to be spent just to get us into that top 6.

You are spot on with that mate. I think most fans want to see a competitive side, that is good at home and run on a sensible basis that as you say is capable of seriously challenging for the top six every season.

Sounds like Everton to me albeit I think they are up to their eyes in debt.

All I want is for Villa to be owned by someone who cares about the club and the fans and whom wants to have a real go at making Villa a top 6 club season after season. I'm not saying that we need to be title contenders every year or qualifiers for Champions League.

Just want to see a team with enough quality and fight to get top 6 each season and give us the hope of a top 4 finish here and there as well as taking the cup competitions seriously and trying to win one of those.

Does that take billions? I'm not sure. Just know that a spend of around at least 60 million would probably need to be spent just to get us into that top 6.

Totally agree, but I would suggest that ANYONE spending the type of money it will need to buy the club, will care.

Trent only has a 68% hit rate on ITK info so there is a chance he may be wrong.

It was 50% yesterday , did he get given the score in advance on the 3-2 cup win or something

Trent only has a 68% hit rate on ITK info so there is a chance he may be wrong.

It was 50% yesterday , did he get given the score in advance on the 3-2 cup win or something

You got anything new Tony?

By the way, if by some miracle it was Red Bull and not bullshit (which it is) then that would just kill my love for the club some more. There are some things more important than money and success, do you realise how hypocritical it is when everyone slates Man City on here for being money whores?

Do you want a kit in Red Bull colours? Do you want a Red Bull Arena as a stadium? Maybe even Red Bull Villa?

**** that. The game has truly gone if people are OK with this.

I can't see it happening. General K described us as a 'cherished, ancient Club' in his strange statement. If we're sold to Red Bull it would go against everything Lerner purportedly stood for.

Though I obviously don't want it to happen, I'd be interested to see how many fans would actually turn their back on the club if we were taken over by Red Bull. I don't think I would. I'd hate having the kit changed and the stadium renamed (presuming they wouldn't be able to change the name), but I don't think I could walk away and support another club when Red Bull's version of Villa would be the closest thing to my club. (also, colour/stadium change aside, it would be nice supporting a team trying to win the title and get one over the Man Utd, Chelsea Liverpool etc).

If Red Bull were to take over we'd obviously get them as a shirt sponsor (no one would have a problem with that) and they'd probably try and change the name of the ground (don't think that would be too controversial either if it came with heavy investment) but I honestly can't see them trying to completely change the crest and colours of the club like they've done with other smaller teams. I just think they'd see it as being too much trouble. Besides, having a Premier League team like Villa playing in Red Bull Arena (or whatever they call it) with Red Bull plastered across their shirts would probably be enough exposure.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Would it be possible to include caveats whereby the new owner couldn't change certain things?

like the employment status of current staff? Sure. I hear that's a regular thing these days. ;)

Edited by Rodders

On the Red Bull thing, hasn't this already been dismissed by Houllier?

Even if it hasn't it doesn't make any sense at all.

The Red Bull model of club ownership as everyone knows comes with changes to core elements of clubs to their brand, colours, kits, badges, stadiums and team names. It's the entire reason they do it.

The PL is the singular most commercial league in the world so I can see why it would be attractive.

But that same commercial success is in my view the very reason why a Red Bull style scenario won't happen or any other similar for that matter.

Stadiums names have and will change with corporate deals and as Cardiff showed so too might colours. But club names? Never.

Why would the companies that pay huge sums of money to have their names attached to the league itself allow other companies to re name the clubs within it?

Aside from that the FA have just blocked Hull's change of name request so they are hardly likely to allow the club that founded the league in the first place to become Red Bull FC.

I just can't see the Red Bull thing happening here or anywhere else in the PL.

• Like 1