$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

OK, based on the advice I got from TrentVilla, I drove all night on the assumption I could park, despite that numpty on TBAR not getting the code.  I’m here hiding in the shrubbery in front of the restaurant.  I’m dressed as an attacking midfielder making a delayed run into the box, that way nobody associated with Villa will see me.

Oh, Wait.  Here comes a car.  It’s Randy, he walks into the restaurant smiling and looking very confident.  I guess that’s a good sign.  Here comes another car.  Oh, they can’t get past the parking gate.  So, it looks like they’re getting out of the car at the street and walking.  It’s Paul Faulkner and his idiot TBAR assistant who didn’t ask for the gate code.  But, this is interesting.  Paul Faulkner is wearing a climbing harness and helmet.  Maybe he’s expecting to do an abseil in this meeting.  Or wait, the harness might be a parachute, can’t really tell from here.

Here comes another car.  Paul Lambert gets out.  Damn, he looks pissed.  He didn’t look this pissed during any humiliating drubbing we took this year.  Stay out of his way, he looks determined to ruin this day.

Well, guess this is the meeting then. WAIT !  Here comes another car.  It’s a stretch Limo.  On my, there are three Sheiks getting out.  It’s windy here.  So, to repeat, there are 3 Sheiks in the wind.  One of them tips the driver with a bar of gold bullion and they walk into the restaurant smiling and joking.

Here comes another car.  It’s also a Limo.  Three guys dressed in black wearing Russian machine guns around their necks.  They’re looking around the area.  One of them just nodded all clear and the door opens.  OMG it’s Putin.  No! It just looks like Putin.  But he is carrying a bottle of Vodka with him.

And ANOTHER car pulls in.  It’s a Gold colored Cadillac with steer horns on the front.  The guy getting out is wearing a Stetson and gold tipped boots.  And there’s a kid with him.  Looks to be about 7 years old.    He’s carrying a size 4 ball and wearing an MLS t-shirt.

Well, I guess that’s it then, we’re about to have a bidding war.  WAIT!!!  One more car:  Damn this car moves slowly, it’s just creeping through the parking lot, like it’s running on a hairdryer motor.  Ok.  It finally stopped and somebody’s getting out.  WTF?!?!?  It’s Mendi !!!!!

Any chance you can get me Mendi's autograph before you bump start his car?

• Like 2

I really don't think Lerner has no one interested in the club like the papers are reporting. If that was the case then why the hesitation around Lambert? Pre-season starts in about 6 weeks, Lerner can't expect to sell the club in 6 weeks from now if there's no interest in it. That would be a pretty fast takeover. If there is no interest, surely Lambert would be offered a new contract and it would be business as usual, which makes Lerner's statement look even more ridiculous.  

Lambert has another year on his contract doesn't he? There's no rush to offer him a new one especially under these circumstances. If Lerner can't find a buyer he at least has a manager who has shown he can keep us in the PL on a pittance, but if we do get relegated he won't have to pay him off when sacking him.

If he's got 1 year left on his contract and he gets us relegated he won't need to sack him because his contract would be up

In the Browns and Villa, Mr. Lerner owns two pricey assets; Forbes valued the Browns at $977 million in its latest valuations of NFL teams, while Villa's value was put at $240 million in the magazine's last soccer team rankings, in 2009.

Lerner sold the browns last year

Yes I know - I was just contrubuting to the discussion of how much AVFC is worth. Based on the above £200m would seem about right.

I reckon our bidder is Woody Johnson. total guess mind !

I have an inkling that it's Dick Pecker. Edited by stwefano
  • Like 1

So, if you buy a house for £200,000, then spend another £800,000 on paint to decorate it with (really sh*t quality paint I might add), can you then sell it for £1m? I think his valuation is going to hold up any kind of quick deal. I hope I'm wrong.

I've just seen another post above though that suggests PL teams are worth 4-5 times more now than in 2006, which would explain it. Do you have a source for that stat?

Is selling a house the same as selling a football club, which is also a business, then?

Do you think we are going to have some kind of a statement after the meeting?

I dont know, Lamber in, Lamber our, Mendi CEO, anything like that?

We at least deserve an update on how the Shunammite is getting on.

• Like 1

I’m here hiding in the shrubbery in front of the restaurant.  I’m dressed as an attacking midfielder making a delayed run into the box, that way nobody associated with Villa will see me.

:lol:

EDIT - islingtonclaret you have excellent taste in quippery!

Edited by Nigel

I'm sorry but if Fulham are worth £200m then so are we, easily!

That't not being biased.  That is based on the following:

- Biggest team in the Midlands and in the second city of England.  I.e. massive catchment area to attract fans

- Historically one of the top 4 or 5 teams in England

- Ever present in the PL

- One of the best grounds in the PL.  43,000 seater stadium

- One of the best training grounds in the country. 

- One of the best academies in the country

-  Staff costs reduced to a more manageable level

Most importantly potential! Potential to build an infastructure that is sustainable and successful for the long term.  New scouting system, footballing hiearchy, new players, regular investment, new fans, sponsorship opportunities and an asset that can be sold in 5 to 10 years time for more than what you put in. 

• Like 3

I'm sorry but if Fulham are worth £200m then so are we, easily!

That't not being biased.  That is based on the following:

- Biggest team in the Midlands and in the second city of England.  I.e. massive catchment area to attract fans

- Historically one of the top 4 or 5 teams in England

- Ever present in the PL

- One of the best grounds in the PL.  43,000 seater stadium

- One of the best training grounds in the country. 

- One of the best academies in the country

-  Staff costs reduced to a more manageable level

Most importantly potential! Potential to build an infastructure that is sustainable and successful for the long term.  New scouting system, footballing hiearchy, new players, regular investment, new fans, sponsorship opportunities and an asset that can be sold in 5 to 10 years time for more than what you put in. 

Never, ever try for a job in corporate finance!

Nobody's going to buy us for our history, as that hasn't translated into us being a 'brand' like Man U or Liverpool.

My phone took a long time to refresh then. I thought it was a meltdown moment like the old days!

I panic when I look on here and it's jumped forward by 10-15 pages in the space of a hour - because something big must have happened. Gutted when it turns out to be #Kwangate or #Restaurantgate.....

• Like 1

yep, when our new owner goes out of business and they come in and strip our assets how much do you think they'll get for our history?

fulham are worth £200m because if they went tits up they'd be a nice chunk of land in the posh bit of london up for grabs

• Like 1

yep, when our new owner goes out of business and they come in and strip our assets how much do you think they'll get for our history?

fulham are worth £200m because if they went tits up they'd be a nice chunk of land in the posh bit of london up for grabs

You make it sound like their just going to dissolve Fulham FC in a second and flatten the ground, they are worth 200m because of where they are partly but PL clubs are worth a lot now anyway. If a little club like Fulham with an old ground and average facilities are worth 200m then we are easily worth atleast the same.

£200 million for a team that just escaped being a championship team is a lot, considering whoever comes in will have to plough a fair few million into the team to keep us up next year.

From £65 million to £200 million in 8 years, fair?