Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

On 25/04/2016 at 22:04, Davkaus said:

And WTF is happening in Dorne, seriously. They've changed some storylines in the past, as an inevitable consequence of the translation to TV, but they've **** butchered that.

It's ballsy storytelling to take a character from the books whose whole point is that he seems boring but turns out to be really interesting, and just decide to make him actually boring instead.

Yeah **** spoilers! Stay out of here Monday morning...

Seen some complaints about the end scene, personally I though it was great, a year of "oh, don't worry about it, melisandre will bring Jon back to life at the start of season 6" so they start season 6 with a reveal that she's actually a haggard old woman that looks horribly insecure and unsure of her place in the world anymore whilst Jon lays brown bread on a table...

Still think it's inevitable but for the time being at least I don't feel like I've been mugged off, for me personally I thought it worked really well

• Like 3

The complaint I'd see about drone in a review to me rang true, saying dorne and actually meaning that bloke sat in his garden is like saying the north and meaning one bloke sat in winterfell

It's so horribly underdeveloped and rushed and badly acted...it's just a mess, the problem is they can't develop it because it's already so stretched and personally I think the sand snakes are so bad I'm not really interested in them developing it anyway, it's hard to see where it goes other than war with the lannisters but the lannisters war with the church needs some really good writing to rescue that anyway do you really think they can rescue dorne too? It's not going to happen

Oberyn was great too

It's a fair comment that there may be too many story lines.  It's kind of why I was glad they finished off the Rob Stark storyline in one fell swoop whilst giving us all a very memorable tellybox moment.  Elegant solution to what was (IMO) a terribly boring family.  I suppose it all depends on how quickly it all comes together.  I suppose once the likes of Daenerys eventually come ashore, it'll be fight scene after fight scene non-stop.  I want more of the White Walker story line.  I like that one :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, omariqy said:

It's all a bit boring right? I mean every story (all 20 of them) move at a snails pace each episode. Can I ask - the guy in Dorne who died, in the books is he of importance?

Yep, they've offed a few important people still alive in the books now.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

It's a fair comment that there may be too many story lines.  It's kind of why I was glad they finished off the Rob Stark storyline in one fell swoop whilst giving us all a very memorable tellybox moment.  Elegant solution to what was (IMO) a terribly boring family.

Hmmmm.....

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Yup to be honest I am ready for the action to unfold now and everyone to meet and just have a massive royal rumble.

Are you mad, there's money to be made. HBO will drag the arse out of it for as long as possible. I wouldn't be surpirse to see a spinoff prequel in the future.

• Like 1

Â