Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

4 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I think Ian McShane's comments abiut his role are interesting. He confirmed that he is bringing back a fan favourite that people think they'll never see again.

To me this could be The Hound, Jon Snow or Ned Stark.

Bringing the Hound back serves no real purpose in taking the story forward so I doubt it's him.

Jon will come back but Melisandre will sort that.

To me, he will be involved with Ned Stark. He says he is only in one episode and a flashback story fits with this. I also think that he physically looks like a weird mix of Jon and Ned and could easily play a Stark. I wonder if their could be an earlier flashback than the tower and he could play Ned's dad Rickard, the writers are going beyond the books and he will get a meaty role. This would also explain why they are keeping his characters name a secret. It also links in that there are two new actors playing Ned and that Sebastian Croft is playing a teenage Ned, so at that point Rickard would be alive.

McShane is apparently playing a wandering priest who found religion having previously been a fearsome warrior. 

This character, its widely theorised from the books... (Book theory spoilers that may spoil an element of the new series below)

Spoiler

as D1 says, heavily hints the Hound isn't dead. He didn't bring him back from the dead, but claims to have seen him die and then reveals a bloke who basically is the Hound working as grave digger. It's going to be some colour for the series rather than driving the plot forward. Rory McCann, who plays the Hound, was also reported to have been on set in Northern Ireland so it seems to add up

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

So McShane could be the Elder Brother of the Quiet Isle?

It's likely they've mashed him into Septon Meribald, but yeah it seems like it. The show has combined characters before now and I guess Meribald and the Elder Brother aren't beyond being combined and cutting some corners from the novels.

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

have to say last season was really poor that if this season follows suit ill just jack it in

i though it was weaker than previous years but it was never that bad, id say hardhome in particular was brilliant tv

they just need to get a firmer grip on all the story arcs and give some of the earlier episodes more direction rather than being snippets of stuff patched together leading to a great couple of last episodes

For me season 1 will never be topped (3 runs it closes).

I watched it before I'd read the books and I'd not even heard of George RR Martin.  I just loved all the intricacies and twists and turns and was enthralled by how incredibly grim and hopeless it was.  

• 3 weeks later...
For me season 1 will never be topped (3 runs it closes).

I watched it before I'd read the books and I'd not even heard of George RR Martin.  I just loved all the intricacies and twists and turns and was enthralled by how incredibly grim and hopeless it was.  

Have you read the books then?

after last season snorefest I think it needs up its game, the new characters in the sparrows and Dorne were awful and boring

ill give it one more season then ill ditch it if not good enough

Â