Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I would say the biggest spoilers from the trailer is what looks like a flashback and what it might be a flashback of and which major fan theory will probably be confirmed within that flashback

the tower flashback ? ....with ned 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Meath_Villan said:

So the quite epic trailer may have given away a big spoiler ......

Hidden Content

There's also a blink and you'd miss it shot of...

Spoiler

Jon Snow riding his horse through a battle. So if there were still anybody in any doubt.

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That battle looks like the boltons vs someone, maybe Starks reclaiming winterfell? Someone is going to war with the boltons

This year's episode nine, without doubt.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Ian McShane's comments abiut his role are interesting. He confirmed that he is bringing back a fan favourite that people think they'll never see again.

To me this could be The Hound, Jon Snow or Ned Stark.

Bringing the Hound back serves no real purpose in taking the story forward so I doubt it's him.

Jon will come back but Melisandre will sort that.

To me, he will be involved with Ned Stark. He says he is only in one episode and a flashback story fits with this. I also think that he physically looks like a weird mix of Jon and Ned and could easily play a Stark. I wonder if their could be an earlier flashback than the tower and he could play Ned's dad Rickard, the writers are going beyond the books and he will get a meaty role. This would also explain why they are keeping his characters name a secret. It also links in that there are two new actors playing Ned and that Sebastian Croft is playing a teenage Ned, so at that point Rickard would be alive.

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I think Ian McShane's comments abiut his role are interesting. He confirmed that he is bringing back a fan favourite that people think they'll never see again.

To me this could be The Hound, Jon Snow or Ned Stark.

Bringing the Hound back serves no real purpose in taking the story forward so I doubt it's him.

Jon will come back but Melisandre will sort that.

To me, he will be involved with Ned Stark. He says he is only in one episode and a flashback story fits with this. I also think that he physically looks like a weird mix of Jon and Ned and could easily play a Stark. I wonder if their could be an earlier flashback than the tower and he could play Ned's dad Rickard, the writers are going beyond the books and he will get a meaty role. This would also explain why they are keeping his characters name a secret. It also links in that there are two new actors playing Ned and that Sebastian Croft is playing a teenage Ned, so at that point Rickard would be alive.

Thing is we never actually saw the hound die. He was left for dead yes, but not seen as a corpse..Strangers things have happened.

I'm rewatching the whole lot now in preparation for the next season. Looking forward to it.

30 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Thing is we never actually saw the hound die. He was left for dead yes, but not seen as a corpse..Strangers things have happened.

I'm rewatching the whole lot now in preparation for the next season. Looking forward to it.

Not sure about the show, but...

Spoiler

It's heavily hinted that he's alive in the books - although his actual identity is never revealed.

Â