Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

There was someone in the trailer who looked an awful lot like him. This with Bran's ability to do flashbacks, and the fact this episode's flashback featured Ned and Lyanna, would seem to suggest they may finally get to the bit where Lyanna asks a 'promise' of Ned.

Here's a gif of the bit in the trailer. Looks like him to me:

102603.gif

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

I can vaguely recall the details of the Iron Islands stuff from the books, and it seems as though they've done a good little job with it in that episode. The kingsmoot was good, I remember that much, so looking forward to that. 

A lot of people pointing out how the resurrection scene was anti-climatic and I agree. Davos' turning to Mel and saying 'so do you.. uh.. know any tricks' without any real motivation or explanation (why does he care about Jon Snow? why does he think resurrection is a thing?) was the biggest problem with that whole section of the episode. Terrible writing.

• Like 1

I can vaguely recall the details of the Iron Islands stuff from the books, and it seems as though they've done a good little job with it in that episode. The kingsmoot was good, I remember that much, so looking forward to that. 

I think this is the only bit the book readers are still ahead on.

A lot of people pointing out how the resurrection scene was anti-climatic and I agree. Davos' turning to Mel and saying 'so do you.. uh.. know any tricks' without any real motivation or explanation (why does he care about Jon Snow? why does he think resurrection is a thing?) was the biggest problem with that whole section of the episode. Terrible writing.

Agreed. It was pretty weak.

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Agreed. It was pretty weak.

Surprisingly poor. I was expecting fire or dark shadows enveloping them, something spectacular, not just her talking mumbo-jumbo like a kid's story.

3 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Surprisingly poor. I was expecting fire or dark shadows enveloping them, something spectacular, not just her talking mumbo-jumbo like a kid's story.

It was exactly how I thought it would be. Let's not forget that we had the fire God resurrect Beric Dondarrion earlier in the series, and that was just him muttering words leaned over him. 

What if it wasn't Mellisandra that reassurected him though? 

Another theory I had, the last thing Ned said to John was that he'd tell him about his mother next time they meet.

When Theon was beheading see Roderic, he said to Bran "don't worry I'm off to see your father."

Anyone think they'll have spoke in the afterlife.

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Grr can you guys not just talk about the episode and not what is coming up, I try to avoid those :angry:

If you're talking about the gif at the top of the page, technically it is something that's already happened rather than something that is going to happen.

Sorry, that probably doesn't help.

I do think something else is at play because it has always seemed off to me that the 'lord of light' seems to be real, that one religion appears true in a series that generally treats religion and prophecy skeptically. I'm not sure what the 'something else' behind all the magic could be, though.

Â