Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

Thought I'd start up a thread for the show since a new season has begun.

Hope that's OK mods. I've seen some people complain about the show "polluting" the main TV thread in the past so decided a new topic was warranted, where we can marvel at the blood, gore and nudity in peace  ;)

Please keep book spoilers to a minimum and put em in spoiler tags (you guys know the drill).

Thought the new season kicked off well.

Arya is baller.

Also, dragons.

tumblr_n2noutetJ31qmxhobo1_500.gif

Also in response to Ginko's post in the TV thread:

Ah Game of Thrones, how I have missed ye.

This isn't so much a spoiler, well... hm, maybe, but I'll put it in there anyway. I'd recommend only reading it if you're familiar with the books though...

I'm pretty sure they changed something pretty drastically in the last scene...

Yes, I do believe you're right. Still a good scene though. Liked the call back.

• Like 2

That boss dragon could be a problem

Arya does kick ass, but the actress who plays her is pretty awful

I like the Hound more and more

Old Man Lannister is gonna get it, is my guess

It was OK. Good set up for the season.

Jamie & Tyrion have at least become an adequate moral centre of the story while John Snuh is out fighting cannibals and ice zombies, and basically dossing about up North until Martin decides the time is right to let the obvious hero narrative kick in.

Yep, they recast Daario but I thought they'd at least make him look similar to the previous actor. It can be hard enough to follow who's who when you haven't read the books, even moreso when they recast characters with people who look pretty different.

Great start to the new season though. I'll be watching it again tonight with my dad to explain everything that's going on.

Also... the next episode should be an absolute corker ;)

Edited by Ginko

Yep, they recast Daario but I thought they'd at least make him look similar to the previous actor. It can be hard enough to follow who's who when you haven't read the books, even moreso when they recast characters with people who look pretty different.

Great start to the new season though. I'll be watching it again tonight with my dad to explain everything that's going on.

Also... the next episode should be an absolute corker ;)

They've recast The Mountain too, the new guy will be the third actor who has played him. :lol: 

Ginko, even hints are bad. :(

Stop it or I will murder you.

Don't open the spoiler box Ginko

Seriously, I mean it...

book stuff coming up

LIKE DONTOS MURDERS JOFFEREY AT HIS WEDDING WITH THE POISON HIDDEN IN THAT NECKLACE HE GAVE TO SANSA IN THIS EPISODE! BOOM! 
I did warn you three times.
;)

• Like 1

Don't open the spoiler box Ginko

Seriously, I mean it...

book stuff coming up

LIKE DONTOS MURDERS JOFFEREY AT HIS WEDDING WITH THE POISON HIDDEN IN THAT NECKLACE HE GAVE TO SANSA IN THIS EPISODE! BOOM! 
I did warn you three times.
;)

Haven't read the book, but I always thought this was going to be eventual outcome.

So what's the deal with spoilers? Should I avoid everything in a spoiler box in this thread if I haven't read the books?

Because I opened that spoiler box assuming it was just a spoiler from episode 1, which ive seen, and pretty sure I've **** myself over (although I only read the first couple of words)

Edited by Stevo985

For spoilers I'd say all book spoilers should be buried in spoiler boxes with warnings that they are from the books. Keep smug 'know it all' hints out of the thread too. If you are going to spoil something, do it in a box or not at all.

For TV spoilers, anything up to and including the latest episode should be fair game. What's the point in having a thread running parallel with a series if you can't talk about it?   Maybe give people until Tuesday to catch up before not putting latest episode spoilers in a box. 

Also for some supplemental stuff, A Cast of Kings is a good Game of Thrones podcast.  It goes up a day or two after each episode, it's a guy who hasn't read any of the books and a girl who has read them all talking about the TV show.  They spoil everything up to and including the latest episode. They don't talk about the books, they don't even talk about the "next week on Game of Thrones" teaser trailers. Well worth checking out.  :)

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 2

That's one way of looking at it. Alternatively you might think, hm, perhaps that means I should watch the next episode ASAP or stay off the internet until I am able to watch it.

For spoilers I'd say all book spoilers should be buried in spoiler boxes with warnings that they are from the book.

For TV spoilers, anything up to and including the latest episode should be fair game. What's the point in having a thread running parallel with a series if you can't talk about it? Maybe give people until Tuesday to catch up before not putting latest episode spoilers in a box.

but see there's already two different kinds of spoilers in spoiler boxes :)

I'll probably just abandon thread instead ;)

For spoilers I'd say all book spoilers should be buried in spoiler boxes with warnings that they are from the book.

For TV spoilers, anything up to and including the latest episode should be fair game. What's the point in having a thread running parallel with a series if you can't talk about it? Maybe give people until Tuesday to catch up before not putting latest episode spoilers in a box.

but see there's already two different kinds of spoilers in spoiler boxes :)

I'll probably just abandon thread instead ;)

TV spoiler (season 3):

Rob & Cat probably shouldn't have gone to the wedding

Book spoiler:

Though it seems to turn out OK for Cat  

That's all you have to do. Label the box. 

Edited by The_Rev

I just read Rev's spoiler thinking it was a witty abusive message at Ginko.

:( Is that season 4 over for me now then?

PM sent mate. 

Spoiler for those who want to know the answer to villarule123's question:

Nah, they have much more to come in season 4, they wouldn't blow the biggest moment of the season in episode 2. There's lots of other good stuff to come, promise.

General rule of thumb, if you're worried about spoilers at all, don't take the risk of opening them!

• Like 1

I think a separate thread should be made for book spoilers. Even hints can ruin the show for you. For example, I had no idea that the Starks were going to get slaughtered at the end of S3, so it was incredible for me. Whereas when someone posts 'next week should be amazing', then I expect something to happen when approaching the end.

Obviously, Rev has now just vanished any element of surprise for me :lol:

It's also quite easy to read a book spoiler, even when warned in the post, as people spoiler tag the TV show too.

Edited by villarule123

The fact is that most episodes are going to be awesome, and there are so many characters and story arcs that saying something like that isn't a spoiler as it could apply to any of them or even all of them. As I said, it should make you be more wary for spoilers and give you an indication that you should watch it ASAP.

Edited by Ginko

Â