Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

37 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I can't lie, I loved the episode. 

There's still a lot to enjoy if you turn a blind eye now and then . The cinematography alone is better than most blockbuster films and they still manage to slot some good acting in there sporadically.  Dinklage was great again for the first time in years.

It's always nice to see Davos waltz through yet another apocalypse without so much as cramp too.

It all feels like an anticlimax since the night King battle. 

I almost wish Cerci had joined them there and most Characters died in that epic battle as the finale instead. 

It's just all gone a bit Meh. 

I don't think Cerci is dead yet, I hope not because it was a truly poor ending for a top evil character.  Rigging the Red Keep with wildfire to take out the dragon as someone else said would have been much more her style. 

Daenerys collapse into madness far far too rushed. 

Varys deserved a much better ending. 

Tyrion, one of the best characters ever has just become boring as hell for which I can never forgive them. 

John Snow just dull and impotent.

Jaime Lannister gets to full body stabs yet walks up and down the side of a mountain. 

It's all just petering out and no one is getting what they deserve. 

It's all set up for a disappointing end next week.  I'm sure they think as long as they kill off a few characters and make someone do something a bit weird it will all be OK. 

Like I said last week, I've only read the first book. But you can guarantee when they catch up they're going to be way better than the show is making it.

The writing has clearly suffered badly since it overtook the books.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Biggest gripe is them rushing the plot and omitting the part between last week and this where Dany went to that big eff-off Maester library and hired out "Air Superiority For Dummies".

Well she had to return "Good parking spots for your WMD lizard during parley meetings with an enemy who has 20 scorpions pointed at you , oh and she also has previous for not obeying laws and traditions,  For Dummies"

• Like 1

Well she had to return "Good parking spots for your WMD lizard during parley meetings with an enemy who has 20 scorpions pointed at you , oh and she also has previous for not obeying laws and traditions,  For Dummies"

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

The Dragon has 3 posts.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I can't lie, I loved the episode. 

Me too. I can't criticise anything that happened given the circumstances within the episode. However, I do get the points about things being wrapped up a bit too quickly though.

• Like 1

I liked it but alot of it was so stupid

Spoiler

The fleet kills the dragon one week very easily then the next it get obliterated within a minute. 

Then the army is completely unprepared for the dragon coming from the back of the castle. What a farce. 

The point of arya this week travelling down to be told by the hound to leave seems pointless unless it was only for arya to witness danys betrayal. Then try take her out next week. 

Also cersai just seems so watered down this season her role was just utterly pointless. 

I have a feeling daenys will execute tyrion next week. 

Tbh daenys should die brutally next week as she has shown no mercy before. Either they set her alight like she did to so many or behead her. 

It's just so Hollywood these days.

Everything kind of happens like you'd expect it. Loads of plot armour for big characters, or if they do die you can see it coming and it isn't a shock.

And everything in the story is playing out as you'd expect.

There's just no shocks. Part of what made Game of Thrones so good was it not conforming to the norm. Now it's just the norm.

• Like 1

Â