Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well back in season three was it he services being stabbed seemingly fatally by oberyn martel. Then  yesterday the hound literally obliterates him how many times and he is still standing for large parts! 

Meanwhile they hyped night king and he literally didn't even battle them dies without a whimper. 

Because after he was (almost) killed by Oberyn, Qyburn turned him into a practically indestructible killing machine (Qyburn being a master of dark practices, think of him as GOT's Frankenstein). For all intents and purposes, he's a big bastard zombie. Hence why he's even harder to kill.

And re. The Night King, as I've already said. He had a huge weakness that was exploited.

Edited by Designer1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

That's because he's now a zombie. Obviously if he was still a human he wouldn't have survived the stabbings that the Hound gave him.

But again the Night King wasn't hyped as one on one fist fighter. He was hyped because he had a huge army and could raise the dead.

We always knew he could be killed instantly with one stab from dragon glass.

It would be like being surprised Jon Snow could kill Cersei 1vs1

Cersei isn't (wasn't) scary because she could fight. She was scary because of the armies she commanded and her ruthlessness.

• Like 1

Fighting like spelling Dem is all about practice.

Mountain spends every day of his life fighting gets very good. 

Night king raises the dead to fight for him or at a push send one of the other white walkers into fight. He's probably never killed a person in his life. All talk and no action. Ends up getting killed by a little girl. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Fighting like spelling Dem is all about practice.

Mountain spends every day of his life fighting gets very good. 

Night king raises the dead to fight for him or at a push send one of the other white walkers into fight. He's probably never killed a person in his life. All talk and no action. Ends up getting killed by a little girl. 

Poor Reek.  He may have had his dick cut off, but he is still a person damn it.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's because he's now a zombie. Obviously if he was still a human he wouldn't have survived the stabbings that the Hound gave him.

How did he survive the fatal wound before he became one then? 

And I never understood how he was a different zombie to the others you see running and serving the night king? 

Also why was cersai so shocked to see a zombie in s7 if the mountain  is one? 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

And I never understood how he was a different zombie to the others you see running and serving the night king? 

Different types of 'zombie'. 

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dem. no offence, but have you even watched this show?  :D

The Mountain was killed (well as clarified by someone else, almost killed) by the Red Viper when they fought. But Qyburn used some dodgy magic to keep him alive and turn him into this massive, undead killing machine that he is today.

So he is a sort of undead zombie, but it's not the same as the dead that the Night King commands

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But again the Night King wasn't hyped as one on one fist fighter. He was hyped because he had a huge army and could raise the dead.

We always knew he could be killed instantly with one stab from dragon glass.

To add to this, why did the NK/WW's ever have to be good at fighting? They never fought anyone. Their weapons destroy normal weapons and their armies do their work for them.

Look at Jon v WW at Hardholme. Jon was losing because he couldn't fight back. As soon as he got his sword back, the WW had no chance. He killed him in 5 seconds.

The Mountain is basically Frankenstein's monster. He was nearly dead, Qyburn did some experiments on him and ended up creating an undead killing machine.

The Night King could magic the dead back to life, more literally zombies.

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

To add to this, why did the NK/WW's ever have to be good at fighting? They never fought anyone. Their weapons destroy normal weapons and their armies do their work for them.

Look at Jon v WW at Hardholme. Jon was losing because he couldn't fight back. As soon as he got his sword back, the WW had no chance. He killed him in 5 seconds.

Yeah it's weird. It would be like complaining if a US Marine killed Kim Jong Un in a 1 v 1 fight 

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Incidentally the look of the Mountain when he had the helmet off was **** dreadful. Decent Halloween makeup level bad.

He looked like the  Stay Puff Marshmallow man thing from Ghostbusters.

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Incidentally the look of the Mountain when he had the helmet off was **** dreadful. Decent Halloween makeup level bad.

Looked like a cross between Pinhead and Vader without his helmet

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He looked like the  Stay Puff Marshmallow man thing from Ghostbusters.

Reminded me of the zombie baby from Braindead 😀

peter-jackson-braindead-baby-1.thumb.jpg.52c05b2abead5d5a69f098798c77babe.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

They should have stuck with the 10 episode/season format and had season 7 dedicated to the White Walkers and season 8 to Cersei/The Mad Queen

It would have secured it as one of the best shows of all time, but the way they're rushing it all now is not helping.

I much preferred the 1-8 episode build up and 9-10 action structure. Ah well.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Dem. no offence, but have you even watched this show?  :D

The Mountain was killed (well as clarified by someone else, almost killed) by the Red Viper when they fought. But Qyburn used some dodgy magic to keep him alive and turn him into this massive, undead killing machine that he is today.

So he is a sort of undead zombie, but it's not the same as the dead that the Night King commands

I Need to revisit this episode as I don't remember it. I watched the first six seasons via blu Ray that my mate loaned me and the rest on TV. 

Wondering if I may have missed this bloody episode 

• Like 1

Â