Leicester City

Villan4Life

Because I consider FIFA, UEFA, the FA, the premier league and English football rotten to its core and getting worse, English football IMO in terms of quality is at an all time low, money in football, be it fees, wages, agents, cost to fans etc is at all time high, BT and sky have saturated the TV market to an extent that I'm simply not interested anymore, my enjoyment of the national team and the words removed that play for it has never been lower, the media hyperbole means I barely read or listen to stuff about football anymore, I could go on and on and that's without even mentioning the disaster of villa...

And yet I see football as the main headline on the 10pm news, it's on the front page of every paper...I'm being told that football is absolutely **** brilliant because of Leicester

Don't get me wrong it's not their fault and I've nothing against them but I'm yet to be convinced that this is progressive or good for our game, I actually think the opposite, I think Leicester winning the league will mean nothing will be asked nothing will be changed

I just can't forget how weird it looks every time I see them playing how they're first to every ball and every player seems to be able to carry on running further and faster than the opposition. It's either an incredible new training regime or something else. The last time something looked weird like that was when certain cyclists were just too good compared to everyone else.

Turns out it's an incredible new training regime. Fair play to them

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36189778

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Because I consider FIFA, UEFA, the FA, the premier league and English football rotten to its core and getting worse, English football IMO in terms of quality is at an all time low, money in football, be it fees, wages, agents, cost to fans etc is at all time high, BT and sky have saturated the TV market to an extent that I'm simply not interested anymore, my enjoyment of the national team and the words removed that play for it has never been lower, the media hyperbole means I barely read or listen to stuff about football anymore, I could go on and on and that's without even mentioning the disaster of villa...

And yet I see football as the main headline on the 10pm news, it's on the front page of every paper...I'm being told that football is absolutely **** brilliant because of Leicester

Don't get me wrong it's not their fault and I've nothing against them but I'm yet to be convinced that this is progressive or good for our game, I actually think the opposite, I think Leicester winning the league will mean nothing will be asked nothing will be changed

Isn't this just 'how can you care about bin collections when we haven't eradicated third world hunger yet?' 

14 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Kante to Madrid would be good business for both clubs. Madrid desperately need a DM. 

I think kante will be one of those players who excels at one club and one club only.

Not based on anything, just got a feeling the environment is perfect for him at Leicester. 

If he moves, I believe hel become very stale.

Yeah I wouldnt disagree, his passing for me is not really that great and will stop him making an impact at a top team. Mourinho type player if he gets back in management

Makelele is the obvious comparison although he was more a destroyer than a runner.  In that sense Kante is nearly like a Ramires with a bit of Makelele thrown in.  You might be right though.  At a better team who expect to retain possession, his passing might not be up to scratch.  Although being surrounded by better players could mean he can play at a less frantic pace which could bring his passing up a level.  Who knows.  I expect we'll get to find out.

• Like 1

To be honest, I don't think any of that Leicester team would particularly excel at a top club except maybe Mahrez. They're the definition of a team that's greater than the sum of its parts.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Isn't this just 'how can you care about bin collections when we haven't eradicated third world hunger yet?' 

the analogy i was thinking of was your missus leaving you after 25 years and being told you should go out and celebrate because your ugly mate has started dating a worldy 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Mantis said:

To be honest, I don't think any of that Leicester team would particularly excel at a top club except maybe Mahrez. They're the definition of a team that's greater than the sum of its parts.

Interesting point. I actually think Kante is the one most likely to excel at the top because I genuinely believe, based on this season, that there's no one clearly better in football at what Kante does. 

44 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the analogy i was thinking of was your missus leaving you after 25 years and being told you should go out and celebrate because your ugly mate has started dating a worldy 

Plot twist: the worldy is your missus

17 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Kante to Madrid would be good business for both clubs. Madrid desperately need a DM. 

Indeed, they could then sell him on for a massive loss 12 months later to fund an £80m move for the latest shit hot number 10.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

That is absolutely brilliant. Couldn't sum it up better.

3 hours ago, Woodytom said:

I think kante will be one of those players who excels at one club and one club only.

Not based on anything, just got a feeling the environment is perfect for him at Leicester. 

If he moves, I believe hel become very stale.

Yes he's a better version of Reo coker really. I dont think he would fit into a Barcelona or Real Madrid.

I think this trial by tv is going too far. Huth the same 3 match ban as fellani. If Fellani hadn't of reacted or Shearer had kept his mouth shut would he have been punished. A gentle tug of the hair is not exactly violent conduct imo. He did worse in the Villa game.

Edited by PaulC

Â