Leicester City

Villan4Life

18 minutes ago, penguin said:

They'd been in title form since April 2015, losing just once between then and that game. They then came from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 with Stoke the next game and got hammered 5-2 by Arsenal the game after. I really think the impact on their season of that game is hugely exaggerated, agree that it shaped ours though.

yep very much this, they won 9/10 of the last games last season, they didnt really lose any key players in the summer, they lost pearson but i think its become apparent that all his coaches stayed, for mahrez and vardy, kante, the CB pairing, gokhan inler getting 5 games, ranieri has been the biggest surprise for me, he was shit for greece, he's dropped the tinkerman tag, amazing how he's kept that team that fresh, also cant really remember a team changing their tactics so effectively half way a season

as for their games vs us, its also surprising how many teams seem to claim that they played them off the park this season but we really did, sherwood's hari kari and the most blatant penalty i think ive ever seen not given, we should have beat them twice, agree it massively shaped our season, dont forget it was also the first goal in vardy's run and its amazing what kind of lift that kind of victory would give a team so dont completely write it off as having no impact on theirs

42 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Also just think, if it wasn't for Nigel Pearson's son partaking in a racist orgy in Thailand, Leicester wouldn't have won the league.

Wait, so the orgy was racist? How does that even work :lol:

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Does anyone know what odds Leicester were to win the title at the start of the season?

No idea, and I fear that information is lost forever.  The internet just doesn't hold on to that kind of information for long.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, BOF said:

No idea, and I fear that information is lost forever.  The internet just doesn't hold on to that kind of information for long.

22 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

5000-1 apparently. The same odds as Elvis coming back to life.

I was joking by the way, too subtly obviously.

I don't think I've read/watched/heard a media report about Leicester that HASN'T mentioned that they were 5000-1 for about 3 months.

• Like 4

On a related note, I've checked next season's odds and the longest odds for an existing Premier League side is 1,500/1 and Burnley are 2,000/1.

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

On a related note, I've checked next season's odds and the longest odds for an existing Premier League side is 1,500/1 and Burnley are 2,000/1.

It's made me think I should put £1 on each team to win the prem every season.

But then I thought about it and I reckon this might be the first time in the history of the Premier league that you'd have made omney using that strategy. Possibly excluding Blackburn.

Haven't bothered to check if I'm right.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's made me think I should put £1 on each team to win the prem every season.

But then I thought about it and I reckon this might be the first time in the history of the Premier league that you'd have made omney using that strategy. Possibly excluding Blackburn.

Haven't bothered to check if I'm right.

Well next season as it stands is like this.

7/4 Man City
11/2 Chelsea
7/1 Arsenal
8/1 Man Utd
8/1 Spurs
11/1 Liverpool
40/1 Leicester
150/1 West Ham

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

Well next season as it stands is like this.

7/4 Man City
11/2 Chelsea
7/1 Arsenal
8/1 Man Utd
8/1 Spurs
11/1 Liverpool
40/1 Leicester
150/1 West Ham

It's crazy that leicester are still 40-1.

I mean, I do kind of agree with that, but you'd think the defending champions would have shorter odds than that.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

It's crazy that leicester are still 40-1.

I mean, I do kind of agree with that, but you'd think the defending champions would have shorter odds than that.

Those are all the longest available odds on each, so there will be plenty of bookies not even giving you 40 on Leicester.  Similarly, that's the longest odds you can get on Citeh :o So I guess everyone is expecting you to run away with it when you take over.

Off Topic, but I (Guardiola) absolutely will run away with it. Possibly not next season, but going forward I imagine he's going to take City to the next level.

Can't seem to find that market yet, no doubt because it's heavily dependent upon who comes up, as they'll be most prominent in the betting.

Â