Leicester City

Villan4Life

7 hours ago, BOF said:

I'd say they have a chance of keeping Vardy, although it's definitely not a gimme.  But Mahrez, no chance.  N'Golo Kante, no chance.  Even Schmeichel will probably get offers from the likes of Liverpool who are crying out for a keeper.

im sure Schmeichel wont be going anywhere near Liverpool since he has been all over internet last day or two in a United jersey ;)

They would be wise to stick around at leicester and see where that takes them. Surely their contracts will be reviewed and upgraded. Only reason they would leave is for money but they are happy, they all get on very well, they are in the group stages of the champions league, it doesn't get any better than that.

mark schwarzer i think becomes the first player since cantona to win consecutive league titles with different clubs

first player in history to win 2 leagues without kicking a ball...

replacement for guzan you say :detect:

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

mark schwarzer i think becomes the first player since cantona to win consecutive league titles with different clubs

first player in history to win 2 leagues without kicking a ball...

replacement for guzan you say :detect:

dont think he got one for last season as he left in january

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

They would be wise to stick around at leicester and see where that takes them. Surely their contracts will be reviewed and upgraded. Only reason they would leave is for money but they are happy, they all get on very well, they are in the group stages of the champions league, it doesn't get any better than that.

And there you have it.  These players' stock will never be higher.  A move now will provide them with finances they'll never likely see again.  If; as is likely; it also gets them a move to another Champions League team then all the better.  There aren't many footballers who would hang around because they're all pals in this day and age.  There's also the first one to blink factor.  Say someone decides they do want to hang around with their buddies, and then one of their buddies buggers off somewhere else.  Let's call him Riyad M.  That can often change the mind of the previously settled buddy who now thinks 'well I'm not going to be the only one hanging around here' and you end up with a mass exodus.

i know they've reduced it down to something daft like 5 games to get a medal but im not actually sure what the rules are for sub goalies, read up on schwarzer a bit more and it seems jose paid for him to get one

I can see both sides of the argument.  On one hand, if you haven't played, or haven't played enough then why should you get one.  But in the unique case of goalkeepers, it is very difficult for a sub keeper to play any amount of games if the first choice doesn't get injured.  He doesn't typically need to be rested and it's not a position you rotate if at all possible.  So I wouldn't be mad with a sub keeper getting one tbh.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

And there you have it.  These players' stock will never be higher.  A move now will provide them with finances they'll never likely see again.  If; as is likely; it also gets them a move to another Champions League team then all the better.  There aren't many footballers who would hang around because they're all pals in this day and age.  There's also the first one to blink factor.  Say someone decides they do want to hang around with their buddies, and then one of their buddies buggers off somewhere else.  Let's call him Riyad M.  That can often change the mind of the previously settled buddy who now thinks 'well I'm not going to be the only one hanging around here' and you end up with a mass exodus.

Yes but its not like Leicester can't afford to pay them very well. What price do you put on happiness. 

Just now, PaulC said:

Yes but its not like Leicester can't afford to pay them very well. What price do you put on happiness. 

It's about getting off the escalator at the top floor, so to speak.  Leicester will be ... let's say somewhere lower next season.  The trick is to step across to a team who won't be.  And everyone can pay them very well.  That's the Premier League.  Let's see how many of their stars they lose.

I'm sorry I don't agree BOF. I think they all should give Leicester another season and see where they can go with them before jumping ship. In Vardy's case maybe because he's 29 he could be tempted by a big move but Mahrez and Kante are early 20s. The rest of them are really journeyman footballers who are playing to the absolute peak of their ablity so not sure the interest will be there. 

I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with though.  The rest of your post isn't what I've been arguing against.  You're saying 'should', I'm saying 'won't'.  They're not direct opposites.  I'm on about the realities of football and what will probably happen and usually happens in a money-driven industry.  You're on about what you'd like them to do or what you think is right to do.  Again, we're probably talking cross purposes.

• Like 1

agree with BOF, its football, the word "should" cant really be applied, this is the big thing with leicester, the suggestion that football has or will change, time to see...

if liverpool or utd came in for vardy with £150k a week wages do you really think he'd say no im ok im at the champions? there is the answer that with the new money leicester can match that £150k a week but will they? can leicester seriously push on and invest in the team and at the same time keep the wolves from the door as players who owe them a lot now start demanding to be paid champions wages?

i personally think several of them are actually pretty average players playing in the benefit of a great team so should accept their place but that wont happen, the likes of danny simpson demanding £80k a week, that kind of nonsense

we're all sat here saying and hoping leicester should be a lesson for other prem teams in terms of coaching and work ethic, id be amazed if other prem clubs arent just looking at them saying which of them are worth buying

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Say someone decides they do want to hang around with their buddies, and then one of their buddies buggers off somewhere else

Like Fabian and Christian, you mean?

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's all downhill from here.

Always found that saying interesting, as it can be both positive and negative :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with though.  The rest of your post isn't what I've been arguing against.  You're saying 'should', I'm saying 'won't'.  They're not direct opposites.  I'm on about the realities of football and what will probably happen and usually happens in a money-driven industry.  You're on about what you'd like them to do or what you think is right to do.  Again, we're probably talking cross purposes.

Not really BOF, thats what they should do and what i believe they will do. This is not a situation like Villa or even Everton.

Edited by PaulC

Vardy will stay....a possession based game at most of the other top 6 clubs won't suit him as will his age...if you buy him for the 25m Leicester will want you're not going to sell him for the same in a few years when he's 32.

Not sure on Mahrez and looks like Kante will go as he has 20m buy out clause by all accounts. 

Â