Leicester City

Villan4Life

genuine top 4 contenders imo if they can keep the squad fit and add to it in january. cant believe ive even said that but there you go. can they go for the title? well results, performances and confidence say they can but in all honesty i cant see them keeping it up, although if they are still there after new year then why not.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

12 hours ago, The_Rev said:

They will fall off, people were having the same conversations about Southampton last year.  It's a rich man's game and I've still not ruled out the possibility that Chelsea will finish above Leicester this season. 

That would be one of the greatest comebacks of all time, Chelsea now a full 20 points off Leicester, 21 if you add goal difference, that is monumental gap imo. I know Man. United eroded Newcastle 12 point gap in the mid 90s but didn't they have about 3 games in hand on them or was that Arsenal another season?

I can just see Chelsea going on a run where they win something like 10 out of 12 games and it wouldn't surprise me if Leicester go on a run where they don't win for half a dozen.  Not saying it will happen, but I don't think either Chelsea or Leicester will continue getting the results they have been getting so far this season for too much longer, they will both revert to the mean at some point. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I can just see Chelsea going on a run where they win something like 10 out of 12 games and it wouldn't surprise me if Leicester go on a run where they don't win for half a dozen.  Not saying it will happen, but I don't think either Chelsea or Leicester will continue getting the results they have been getting so far this season for too much longer, they will both revert to the mean at some point. 

It saddens me that you're probably right. It would so fantastic to see Leicester keep it up all season.

I am of two minds with Leicester. I want them to break the Sky monopoly. But they are still Leicester City, whose supporters were singing our name mockingly yesterday. The only thing they want more than to see us go down is to win the league.

So really, at the end of the day, I hope they capitulate at some point to the pressure and go on a losing streak. 

In fairness, everyone is mocking us right now. I'd rather it be Leicester breaking the top 4 than Spurs or the bin-dippers, and it gives some hope for the rest of us paupers.

• Like 1

People I work with have been saying for 6 weeks Leicesters form will drop off and Chelsea will go on a run. It seems as if neither is happening and I like that, I want Leicester to do it, as we are for all intents and purposes relegated, Leicester winning would put a shine on a dreadful season. Imagine, let yourself do this for a second, that not only us go down, but Chelsea never put together that fabled run they are supposed to be going on.

• Like 1

It's too early to say for me. They need to keep Mahrez and Vardy fit and starting for the entire season, which is a real challenge - if either are injured for any significant period of time, I think we'll see a huge amount of regression to the mean. I think finishing 7th or below is still more likely than finishing 1st. 

They won't win it. But they've done well enough for long enough that top 4 is now a real possibility.

They still might not get it. But if you'd asked me a month ago I'd have probably said they definitely wouldn't get top 4. Now I think if I was to bet on it, I'd go with them being in there.

The next few games should be fairly determining . . . For the first time this weekend, the central defensive partnership of Morgan/Huth gets broken up as one is suspended, so the next in line appears to be someone called Benalouane (who he?) - is he going to be as effective stopping Lukaku, who let's not forget, is on a Vardy-esque run of his own? Then there's the Christmas fixture logjam - away to Liverpool, home to Man City and home to 'giant-killers' Bournemouth in 7 days. If they get through all that with few problems - and even greater distance between themselves and fourth place - then I'll start to believe a top 4 finish is possible. 

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

People I work with have been saying for 6 weeks Leicesters form will drop off and Chelsea will go on a run. It seems as if neither is happening and I like that, I want Leicester to do it, as we are for all intents and purposes relegated, Leicester winning would put a shine on a dreadful season. Imagine, let yourself do this for a second, that not only us go down, but Chelsea never put together that fabled run they are supposed to be going on.

Yes, and any day now Torres is going to start banging them in..

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Let's not forget that it's now basically almost a season's worth of title winning form including the back-end of last year. Nothing to suggest they're going to fall away any time soon.

This is part of the problem, I reckon. They won't be able to keep this up for what would amount to a season and a half.

I wonder how many of the big clubs will be looking to strip them of their main assets in January, too. 

11 hours ago, The_Rev said:

I dont think Leicester will do an impression of Villa 08/09 and make a complete balls of this position, they might drop back but wont **** up completely though for me window is key

If United come in 40 million for Mahrez they will sell straightaway

Â