Leicester City

Villan4Life

3 hours ago, villa4europe said: More to do with the English tax that they'd have to pay on him, I bet he'd be £20-30m, which don't get me wrong he's doing really well, but he's 29 in January, scored 5 in 34 games last season, the fee that it would take to get him would make martial look a bargain

Harry Kane is exactly the same

Its a little irrelevant what he scored last season though, he's been a goalscorer in every league he's played in, Yes theres no sell-on value but if there was and he was like 22 then he'd be a £50m player. A big team will be willing to risk 30m in order to secure champions league football. 

It is relevant though, £30m for a club like Utd, to have him in a title push and the CL, you need something to suggest he's not a flash in the pan, goals for fleetwood aren't going to do it, I think he's 19 in 49 prem games, it's a huge leap that like zatman said not many good goal scorers have actually made

I think he's got a fair bit to go before he could justify his price tag

I'm not saying it won't happen but IMO it being talked about, the figures being talked about and it actually happening says a lot about where English football is right now

Maybe he is a flash in the pan, but then i look at his history and when he stepped up from the conference to the championship, first season he only got 4 goals, next he got 16. So similar with the Premier League. First season he took time to adapt to the higher level then next he does the business. Yes he has a fair bit to go to justify a £30 mil price tag but some team will take a chance because with the money around its worth the risk. I hope him and Mahrez stay at Leicester this season and they make top 4 because that then gives us all hope. even if right now that seeems a million miles away for Villa.

I'm the opposite, I hope he does sign for Utd for £30m, disappears to nowhere, does **** all at the euros, Leicester finish about 8th

It happened to us, it happened to Southampton, it's more than likely going to happen to Leicester, how many times?

Maybe, just maybe, someone might actually see the Prem for the utterly broken ruined by money bollocks that it is rather than the bullshit we keep being told it is

That's the only way I'll ever have any hope for the villa

What annoyed me most is that he said he 'made a mistake.'

His only mistake was saying what he was thinking out loud.

To even think that way shows a deep rooted thought process that I'm not sure he can change.

Wouldn't go as far as Ingram though :P

• Like 1

Ha, I guess I was lol, I do just hate him though, nearly as much as suarez and Costa.

Not only the assault and racism but he just comes across as a right nob. The type who if he wasnt playing football would have a corsa van with no back windows and a crowbar in the back and frequent the local legion. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 3

In the past 50 years of watching Leicester City, I have watched many great players including Best, Gascoigne, Dalgleish,Lineker and Charlton. The question I have is this, how does Mahrez rate? I think he is the best dribbler since Best. Thoughts?

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/103485-is-mahrez-the-best-since-george-best/

well the racism thing is being glossed over. If he wasnt English and was say Uruguayan their would be a much bigger deal made out of it

I don't think that's it, I think there's unfortunately a scale on which racism is based and it's the nationality of the victim, I don't see "jap" or even "nip" as being considered as offensive as say "paki"

See also "chinky" most would brush that under the carpet too

Yes what Suarez said was a lot worse to be fair, I don't know if the Japanese people think being called "Jap" is offensive. A lot depends on the context its used I think. I know my dad coming from Ireland was often called "paddy" or "mick" I think that was racist because it was used in a condescending way.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Well, Vardy certainly wasn't being complimentary when he said it. 

Yes quite true he was well out of order. Hopefully he has learnt from it but I wouldn't judge him forever because of that one incident.

• Like 1

Â