Leicester City

Villan4Life

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont think Leicester will do an impression of Villa 08/09 and make a complete balls of this position, they might drop back but wont **** up completely though for me window is key

If United come in 40 million for Mahrez they will sell straightaway

I don't think they will sell if they are top at christmas. 

theres no point them selling him what so ever. if they can get 40mil for him in january they will get 40mil for him in summer. Potentially even more if he carries on producing semi-decent numbers. Not like his contract is about to run out

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Maybe more about Mahrez than Albrighton really

Of course, but only the most churlish would fail to note that Albrighton is also playing incredibly well. Currently 6 assists for the season, level with Eriksen, Silva and De Bruyne. 

I miss him. Glad he's doing well though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gharperr said:

theres no point them selling him what so ever. if they can get 40mil for him in january they will get 40mil for him in summer. Potentially even more if he carries on producing semi-decent numbers. Not like his contract is about to run out

What if he gets a horrific injury?  Or his form goes off badly? Or gets involved in a scandal?

19 hours ago, gharperr said:

Strike whilst the irons hot, he is only one game away from being the next Michu.

Leicester would be naive to sell in January. I think they'd look to take full advantage though in the Summer and if done correctly, unlike us, they'll reap the rewards for years to come.

Lets not forget that their aim this season and for a good few seasons more will be to stay in the league first and foremost. 

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Strike whilst the irons hot, he is only one game away from being the next Michu.

or he could be the next bale. Its not like hes vardy which is just on the huge positive side of variance for half a season and producing unsustainable numbers where everybody in the football world knows hes going to regress back to mediocre (and probably the same about michu). People in the footballing world were pretty impressed with mahrez last season (truth be told, i didnt have a clue who he was and its easy to say "i rated him last year" when hes playing like he is now) and they're even more impressed with him this season. I seriously dont see him getting sold for less than 20m even if he does regress a bit.

so 40m now (random figure) with less chance of CL equity is probably worse than 20m in summer  + greater CL equity and the added money through CL/coverage and ability to sign better players to establish yourself as top 6 side in future.

The club is in 0 debt and i think the owners have quite a bit of money.

4 minutes ago, gharperr said:

or he could be the next bale. Its not like hes vardy which is just on the huge positive side of variance for half a season and producing unsustainable numbers where everybody in the football world knows hes going to regress back to mediocre (and probably the same about michu). People in the footballing world were pretty impressed with mahrez last season (truth be told, i didnt have a clue who he was and its easy to say "i rated him last year" when hes playing like he is now) and they're even more impressed with him this season. I seriously dont see him getting sold for less than 20m even if he does regress a bit.

so 40m now (random figure) with less chance of CL equity is probably worse than 20m in summer  + greater CL equity and the added money through CL/coverage and ability to sign better players to establish yourself as top 6 side in future.

I understand your point from the clubs perspective, but if a big club come in for Mahrez, he is more likely to want to join them. That whole team is based on team spirit it's going to be as effective with an unhappy player

17 hours ago, Genie said:

What if he gets a horrific injury?  Or his form goes off badly? Or gets involved in a scandal?

Well, if he gets a horrific injury nobody will want to buy him. If his form declines hugely, then he will still be able to live off past glories for at least a couple of years at this point, before Leicester eventually decide to sell him, at which point they will still make a profit on him given the price they paid. I doubt a scandal would persuade them to sell him either - Adam Johnson is going on trial, charged with sexual assault of a minor, and Sunderland still play him most weeks. Short of murder, I don't know what he could do that would persuade them to sell him. 

2 hours ago, gharperr said:

Not everybody and it depends what you call mediocre. He has scored goals whatever level he has played. There is more to his game than people give him credit for.

1 hour ago, Artetasgirl said:

Looking forward to seeing them this weekend at Goodison. Hope they go home disappointed with no points :D

I think I said a page or so back, Lukaku is on a lengthy scoring run himself, and will be up against a reserve centre back who has barely played any minutes in English football . . . I fancy him to bang in at least one. Think you've got a good shot at them this weekend. 

Â