Leicester City

Villan4Life

oh yeah its turning into a thing on here to have a go at last manager that somehow we transformed their season. They beat West Ham and drew with Spurs before we played them and were unbeaten in league

On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 00:49, Zatman said:

yep ;)

I'll take a small consolation in at least getting the score line correct :) 

16 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Still boils my piss that we absolutely played them off the park, was 2-0 up with less than 20 minutes left and lost with the shortest player on the pitch beating 3 6ft+ players to a header.

This is a bit of a myth that we 'played them off the park'. We were the better team in the first half, and deserved our 1-0 HT lead. Then we got a 2nd goal after 63 mins on the counter attack, with what was our only meaningful shot of the second half, we then sat back and the rest is history. Obviously we shouldn't have lost, or even drawn that game, but there's no way we played them off the park.

On 11/22/2015 at 12:33, OutByEaster? said:

I think Mahrez creates space that Vardy is perfectly made to exploit, he's quick and direct - what Leicester have is a nice blend of players - I think one injury to a player who's an important part of that blend will hurt them a great deal, but what will be interesting is if that injury doesn't come in the next couple of months. 

I think Vardy with his runs equally makes space for Mahrez....Its a team they have.

We had the same aimed at us in the early 80's in terms of individual appraisal.....but we had a team.

On 21/12/2015 at 12:31, Zatman said:

oh yeah its turning into a thing on here to have a go at last manager that somehow we transformed their season. They beat West Ham and drew with Spurs before we played them and were unbeaten in league

People aren't saying we transformed their season. Just that if we'd held on and beaten them they may well have not gone on their huge run.

It was undoubtedly a turning point in our season, and people are just speculating as to what it might have done to Leicester.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Anybody else think Vardy could be one of the biggest transfer flops in recent times if he goes to one of the Sky 4?

Yes. He's a decent player no doubt, but on the radio this morning (so I haven't got a link) they were talking about a £30m move to Chelsea.

£30m! The vast majority of Villa fans thought it was a sick joke when we were linked to him in the summer. As I said, good player, but if I supported one of the top teams Jamie Vardy would be a long long way down my wish list.  

The thing with the FFP cartel is 30mil is small beer to them. They can take a punt for that amount no bother and if he doesn't work out just sell him to some West ham or Stoke types for half the value. Chelsea spending 30mil to get 15 back is like villa taking a 3 mil gamble and getting 1.5 mil back.

4 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Anybody else think Vardy could be one of the biggest transfer flops in recent times if he goes to one of the Sky 4?

Its happened before, players doing brilliant at unfashionable clubs and cant make step up as complete different game. Rickie Lambert probably a good example maybe Andy Johnson

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

There's absolutely no doubt about it. He's bang average if you ask me and will return to form within the next 12 to 18 months. Mahrez is the real talent there.

• Like 1

in fairness to him at moment its his hard working that is getting him into the positions to score. His movement is very good but he starting to snatch at his chances in last couple of games so maybe his confidence is dwindling after his run

Who knows, Vardy is a hard working with plenty of pace and makes lots of clever runs. I think he could be successful but he's better suited to Leicester's style of play. I don't think a slow passing side like Man U will suit him. I hope him and Mahrez stay at Leicester this season and go on achieve something great and then make their big money moves in the summer.

Â