Leicester City

Villan4Life

7 points from their first 3 games of their "tough" run. Can they go all the way? How amazing would it be that a team promoted last year, who were 7 points adrift at April have a shot at finishing in the top 4? Newcastle almost did it when they finished 5th that one season, 2 points or so off 4th, but they weren't top of the league at Christmas. As much as I don't really like these annoying chips-pushers, I'll be rooting for them all the way.

• Like 1

While it's great that the Prem is wide open this year and if Leicester go all the way I'm sure the'll be a Disney movie about it, I can't help but feel really pissed off that in the one season where the big four are stumbling we're not up there challenging, but instead languishing at the bottom of the league.

My worst season ever as a Villa fan. (I'm 36)

• Like 1

It's the old case of, we're so far apart, you can't really hate them now.  Best of luck to them.  I'm rooting for them to break up the monopoly of money clubs, I like Mahrez, rated him a lot last year when it wasn't quite going for him, but he's looking really confident this year.  Obviously Vardy is pinging in 9 out of 10 chances he gets, those two need to keep it up, otherwise I fear they could slip.

Media - this is what neutrals want to see, not Liverpool winning the league (2 years ago).

• Like 2

only played 1 of the top 10 away

i think they said last night no team has ever had this many points at this stage and not got top 4, owners will be interesting in jan, they have money, could invest again

and i said in another thread, im not rooting for them to break the monopoly, im rooting for the monopoly to break them and people to finally take notice what utter bullshit it is

They haven't played us away as well. The title is beyond them but it would be great if they could it. Top 4 depends on whether they can keep Mahrez and Vardy fit and they keep scoring or other players chip in more. January could be crucial for them as I think they will keep Vardy and Mahrez now they are top but can they bring another couple of jewels from somewhere to maintain this level.

They will fall off, people were having the same conversations about Southampton last year.  It's a rich man's game and I've still not ruled out the possibility that Chelsea will finish above Leicester this season. 

Hmm, Southampton and others who've started well have all not been quite as up there as Leicester have so far - it's possible - we managed to go from 1st to 6th in 98 (99? ) (oh Juninho :( ) but even the Saints ( IIRC? ) weren't at the top. You look at a lot of talented teams like Everton, Spurs, Liverpool, Stoke, Crystal Palace, Southampton, are all capable of taking lots of points from each other, and from the big clubs too. I don't think we've had a group of "2nd tier" sides as strong as this for a while. Leicester are currently 9 points ahead of 4th.

I think the league is so close that enough big teams won't really go on long runs to overhaul them. I thought they would start falling away by now, and it may still happen easily enough in the next could of weeks when they start thinking "oh shit, could we?" but I do think they now have a genuine chance of doing top 4.  Arsenal and Man City are the only bankers in there at the moment. Chelsea would have to overhaul 20 points to get past leicester now :o . I don't think LC would collapse like West Ham did the other year under Allardyce either. They can invest, and probably ought to. 

Could well be right, history is against first timers lasting, but it's so fascinating nonetheless.

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

They will fall off, people were having the same conversations about Southampton last year.  It's a rich man's game and I've still not ruled out the possibility that Chelsea will finish above Leicester this season. 

The big difference between them and Southampton is that Southampton were just hovering around the top 4 at this stage whearas Leicester are 9 pts clear of the 5th place club. If you take into account how they finished last season, its not really a flash in the pan is it!

Mates a Leicester fan, they sang this last night...

City fans: "Down with the Villa, you're going down with the Villa"

Chelsea fans: "They've won more than you, they've won more than yooooou, Aston Villa, they've won more than you"

City fans: "He's scored more than you, he's scored more than yoooooou, Jamie Vardy, he's scored more than you"

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Credit Sherwood too, we kind of kickstarted their whole surge.

which is a load of rubbish. They had 8 points from 4 games after playing us including beating West Ham and drawing with Spurs and they had made comebacks in 2 previous games before we played them

though lets all have a bash at Tim

Â