Leicester City

Villan4Life

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

in fairness to him at moment its his hard working that is getting him into the positions to score. His movement is very good but he starting to snatch at his chances in last couple of games so maybe his confidence is dwindling after his run

Did you not see the goal he took against Chelsea. A fantastic finish. Also created one goal and won the penalty against Everton. I don't think his confidence will dwindle but tiredness and injuries could be a problem later on this season.

Players from the Villa youth system who have played regularly for a team that finished in the Top 6. Will Albrighton be another on that list? Sturridge, Cahill, Barry.... Any others?

• 2 weeks later...

I think they're running out of steam already and expect them to drift away. They ground a draw out of City but they looked poor in the final third, Mahrez looks to be running out of steam and things that were coming off for Vardy a few weeks ago don't seem to be happening right now. 

been saying it for a while now they will fall short just like southampton. They dont have the squad, they have two or three really good individuals which havent been injured yet. when that happens i reckon leicester will start falling down the league

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

been saying it for a while now they will fall short just like southampton. 

not trying to come across dickish but...is there even 5% of people who follow football who thinks this wouldnt happen? 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Schmeichel
Simpson
Huth
Morgan
Fuchs
Albrighton
Kante
Drinkwater
Mahrez
Okazaki
Vardy

This is what their fans consider to be their best side.  The last time they came to VP with mostly the same team they were awful. This time they're coming here in mid January joint first. Incredible stuff.

They've found a system which suits their players and they are playing with verve and confidence.  Even their recent run of "poor" form has only had one bad result, the 0-0 at home to Bournemouth.  The last month or so has included five big games against Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool and Spurs.  They've picked up 11 points from that lot (W3 D2 L1) which is more than a lot of people were expecting.  They can still blow it, we were looking great at the same point in 08/09 and the wheels fell of spectacularly in March but Leicester will be fancying their chances.  

I'd think 70 points will be good for Champions League football this season, they've got 43 at the moment and if they can get through February where they have consecutive games against Liverpool (H), Manchester City (A) and Arsenal (A) without collapsing then it's going to take a lot to be able to stop them. 

Good luck to them too.  I know they are something of a local rival, especially for those Villa fans who live in north Warwickshire but to see a side do as well as they are without spending fortunes on transfer fees and wages should give hope to all of us. 

• Like 3

I think last night's result was very significant for them.  Going to White Hart Lane in January; a top 4 rival; and beating them to go back joint top.  That's absolutely huge.  Most people had their bubble about to burst.  They had a few draws.  Vardy under the knife.  Wins turning into draws and then this.

I think now with them being 8pts off 5th, and the only realistic squads capable of catching them outside of that being United & Liverpool, they've got to be taken very seriously for a top 4 finish.  I still don't think they've a realistic shot at the title.  I expect that to be between Arsenal and City.   But it'll take some effort from the rest to displace them from the CL spots now.

And I think it's absolutely brilliant :thumb:

• Like 2

Â