Leicester City

Villan4Life

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dint think leicesters problems are all in rodgers.  I think there are bigger problems behind the scenes

Leicester's entire model is based off selling players to Chelsea / Man U for 50-80 million, buying 2/3 high quality replacements and so on. They've had a couple of summers where their signings haven't exactly hit the ground running so their big sales have been limited, therefore acquisitions have been pulled back. 

They eventually managed to sell Fofana, but this was at the end of the window so expect them to reinvest in Jan and next summer. 

The biggest issue is they've had more misses that hits in recruitment which eventually affects their entire incoming transfer policy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I dint think leicesters problems are all in rodgers.  I think there are bigger problems behind the scenes

They have probably the worst defence in the league and last season conceded the most from set pieces

These are managerial basics

• Like 1

On 02/08/2022 at 20:58, VillaChris said:

Hard life being a Leicester fan. Only league title, Fa Cup and some good euro runs in last six seasons!

They'll dip a bit I guess but had some incredible times and club infrastructure is solid enough to come again in a few seasons.

Victory has defeated them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

They have probably the worst defence in the league and last season conceded the most from set pieces

These are managerial basics

Faets doesn't look a bad defender either does justin.

Selling fofana so late and getting rid of Schmeichel is a massive reason for their defensive issues. Its like us selling martinez and mings in same window

3 hours ago, Mic09 said:

This is our problem too. High expectations, when in reality we are just not that good.

Sober reality is we've finished three times in the top 6 of top league since 2004. And obviously no trophy in that time so I'm afraid you can't dust it off as bad decade anymore.

We were last consistently good in the 90s and even that wasn't enough for some people. 2000 FA cup final was a massive turning point in our trajectory compared to other clubs around that time e.g. Chelsea and we've never really recovered from that day and all the lack of ambition and mismanagement that has since followed.

Hopefully we'll have a game soon in the near future that will provide a springboard bit it certainly won't be under this joker of a so called manager.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Faets doesn't look a bad defender either does justin.

Selling fofana so late and getting rid of Schmeichel is a massive reason for their defensive issues. Its like us selling martinez and mings in same window

But the same defensive issues happened last season with them players

As bad as Nyland was he looked safe in games as we had a defensive shape. Its one of management basics

Edited by Zatman

• 4 weeks later...

James Justin has ruptured his achilles tendon, out for the rest of the season.

not much luck for him after the serious knee injury in feb 2021 that kept him out for 11 months.

I remember we were in for him at the time (when he joined Leicester).

• 1 month later...

Their big youth prospect, Will Alves, has had his ACL snapped in a horrible tackle in a youth game the other night. Wolves player has hit him right on the knee with a downward stamp as he's chasing down the ball. Rodgers has said it's one of the worst tackles he's ever seen.

Potato resolution video but it's a grim tackle. I'm not entirely sure what the Wolves player is trying to do. I think he might be trying to step over the ball to trap it and block off Alves, McGinn style, but with Alves chasing it down it's lead to the full force of both of them being focused above the guys knee...

33 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Their big youth prospect, Will Alves, has had his ACL snapped in a horrible tackle in a youth game the other night. Wolves player has hit him right on the knee with a downward stamp as he's chasing down the ball. Rodgers has said it's one of the worst tackles he's ever seen.

Potato resolution video but it's a grim tackle. I'm not entirely sure what the Wolves player is trying to do. I think he might be trying to step over the ball to trap it and block off Alves, McGinn style, but with Alves chasing it down it's lead to the full force of both of them being focused above the guys knee...

Less potato quality:

Alves is absolutely dynamite, terrorised our kids in the Youth Cup game last season. He's well known in youth football so I would suggest the Wolves lad knew exactly what he was doing, albeit not necessarily considering how much damage he may do.

Real shame for Alves, this could be the difference between being a real top player and and average one, or even making it or not.

Edited by AndyClarke

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, maybe he'll be the next PL manager sacked if they lose their next game...

Anyway does anyone have any idea roughly when we might play the game at theirs that was cancelled because of the queen? I just realised we still haven't played them yet this season.

Â