Leicester City

Villan4Life

2 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Personally a bit gutted for them…

No comprendo, if it's not Villa I don't care what happens to our rivals. 

It's all good for us if they are in the shit

spacer.png

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rjw63 said:

No comprendo, if it's not Villa I don't care what happens to our rivals. 

It's all good for us if they are in the shit

spacer.png

Leicester haven’t done anything wrong to us over the years for me to show them any spite…

They have looked after our boy Albrighton after our last ownership lied to him and hung him out to dry and he has achieved a lot…

I quite like Leicester…

Id rather see them do well than some team in Manchester or London…

• Like 3

On 05/08/2022 at 15:28, Peter Griffin said:

The BR presser was depressing. No signings coming in, he doesn't want to sell Fofana or Madisson but ultimately the decision is up to the club. He respects the position the club is in and is focusing on working with the players he has.

I know he’s not exactly “Mr Charisma”

but you’re right…

He sounds like he is out of ideas with what he is meant to do when he doesn’t have the financial backing required to build…

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

Leicester haven’t done anything wrong to us over the years for me to show them any spite…

They have looked after our boy Albrighton after our last ownership lied to him and hung him out to dry and he has achieved a lot…

I quite like Leicester…

Id rather see them do well than some team in Manchester or London…

Oh I really like Leicester as well, but Villa have to finish above them.
 I want all other 19 teams to do badly. 

14 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Oh I really like Leicester as well, but Villa have to finish above them.
 I want all other 19 teams to do badly. 

Of course!

I want Villa to win everything…

Fair or foul…

and if we can’t, I want Southampton to…

and if they can’t, I want anyone else but Man City to 😂

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Xela said:

Vardy extends contract. 

Not surprising - he's got his wife's court bill to pay!

Here he is modelling this season's Crisp-Muncher away kit

spacer.png

• Like 1

The thing with Leicester is, whilst they are a decent club overall, they won the premier league a few season back having only just been promoted season prior after god knows how long outside of the top flight. Then, obviously they wanted to maintain that status, they spent well on some good quality players and sold very well in turn. But I just can’t see how much money they would be making from ticket sales and merchandise etc on a global level. It’s as though winning the league was the worst that could happen because it would increase expectation but they still haven’t really grown as a club outside of, well, Leicester! (Obviously winning the league would have been the greatest thing at the time!). I know there is the Thailand connection which may be helping, but have no idea to what extent. 

Edited by Tayls

10 hours ago, ender4 said:

I really don’t get why Leicester are having to sell all their good players suddenly. Had they overspent by that much?

It surprises me too as they've made insane profits on loads of their players.

I don't think they'll drop but I think they'll be hovering dangerously close this season.

11 hours ago, ender4 said:

I really don’t get why Leicester are having to sell all their good players suddenly. Had they overspent by that much?

Bottling successive CL positions might have made their model unsustainable for certain players on their books. The decline is quite staggering. 

• 2 weeks later...

I checked Leicester out last night to compare their problems with Villa's.

They look to have very similar problems to Villa.

They kept their shape well but when they tried to change up a gear they tended to give the ball away, and just like Villa, they lacked the quality of delivery when they got near the United goal, with Madison definitely out of form and looking unhappy about it.

Vardy was running his arse off but didn't get near to anything that looked like a chance.

Barnes never managed to penetrate the box and his dribbles all ran into blind-alleys.

Like Villa they tended to attempt their final pass from too far out.

They lost the game because their goalkeeper gave the ball to United from a long kick, Leicester's defense were out of position and United had enough space to create an easy tap-in.

Leicester cashed in their defender Fofana for £70m and bought in a £10m German.

Conclusion: Villa have more options but don't look as well set up as Leicester.

• Like 1

Â