Leicester City

Villan4Life

58 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Gotta be a win on Tuesday now, they have one day to train with the assistant coach.

Yeah but teams don’t do too bad after sacking a manager.  We need to be focused and careful on Tuesday.  Get in and quickly with 3 points, I’d rather they had sacked after our game not before.

• Like 1

Tuesday would have been a tricky game anyway, Leicester are a strange team doing poorly, but still have most the players that have been doing well for them in previous seasons, so still capable of good results, as we saw against us in the last game and again in their next fixture against Spurs.

If anything him getting the sack might be a good thing for us, as might make us more alert as to how difficult the fixture coming up against them might be, it's when we're too confident, or go into games expecting to win that we seem to do less well.

22 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Tends to depend on whether or not it’s the manager that was the problem.

True. Our players very clearly were good enough and being held back by Gerrard. So. Without him they were rejuvenated. 

Brenda seems a decent enough manager. It could well be the players that are the problem at Leicester 🤞

7 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Gotta be a win on Tuesday now, they have one day to train with the assistant coach.

It's a total crapshoot. Wouldn't be surprised if we turned them over 3-0 but also wouldn't be surprised if they smashed us like we did Brentford under Danks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think rafa or nuno

Maybe even Vieira 

Do you recommend Nuno and Rafa for every Premier League job? One of them is in a higher paid job already

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I dont understand ant shock at all, Rodgers is a bluffer and Leicester recruitment has gone downhill recently

Faes and the goalkeeper(think they dropped him yesterday) are among the worst players I have seen in top flight history

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont understand ant shock at all, Rodgers is a bluffer and Leicester recruitment has gone downhill recently

Faes and the goalkeeper(think they dropped him yesterday) are among the worst players I have seen in top flight history

I agree, Rodger’s is one of those managers that tells you how good he is but has nothing to back it up. Reminds me of Robert Martinez, always talking a good game and acting slightly patronising but nothing to actually show for it.

33 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

I agree, Rodger’s is one of those managers that tells you how good he is but has nothing to back it up. Reminds me of Robert Martinez, always talking a good game and acting slightly patronising but nothing to actually show for it.

Makes sense. As Stevie Gee said that he was a massive influence on his management style. 

10 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Surely. Feels like perfect timing for both parties, and a really good fit. Could even be 'in the stands' on Tuesday.

Potter would be mad taking the job now, a relegation on his CV will not be a good look. He can wait to the end of the season, and have his pick of any of the bottom half teams that survive.

17 hours ago, nick76 said:

Yeah but teams don’t do too bad after sacking a manager.  We need to be focused and careful on Tuesday.  Get in and quickly with 3 points, I’d rather they had sacked after our game not before.

As Brentford will testify to, following slippy departure. Emery was only in the stands for that one.

Â