Leicester City

Villan4Life

Leicester will never be a big club and to me, they will never be a real top flight club either. 

I see them as a mid table 2nd tier club who got lucky, won the lottery, had their day in the sun and will now (hopefully) bugger to whence they came. 

A cocky bunch of Representatives for Wellingborough who got well above their station and need to be put back in theor box. Would love it if they dropped this season but if not, they will go soon enough. The party is well and truly over for them.

It’s true things go in cycles.

It looks like Leicester are on a downward trend after a few good years on an upward trajectory.

They have had some great days I’m sure…. and reached highs that only a certain vintage of Villa fans can relate to.

However on the odd occasion I’ve met and chatted to their fans I’ve found them to be oddly aggressive and a little (maybe understandably) arrogant.

so for that reason I would be happy to see them drop!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

It’s true things go in cycles.

It looks like Leicester are on a downward trend after a few good years on an upward trajectory.

They have had some great days I’m sure…. and reached highs that only a certain vintage of Villa fans can relate to.

However on the odd occasion I’ve met and chatted to their fans I’ve found them to be oddly aggressive and a little (maybe understandably) arrogant.

so for that reason I would be happy to see them drop!

Yeah I’ve found that with the them. I found myself in a conversation with a Leicester fan at the end of last year, he was aggressive- and kept saying “but you’ll never win the league will you, we have”. Ok mate.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

This is an astonishing shout for a team that won the league seven years ago. 

I'm as happy as anyone that we're doing well, but let's not become like those we deride with misplaced arrogance. 

It's not arrogance at all. I don't see them as a traditionally top flight club. Wigan won the FA Cup and I don't see them as even a 2nd tier club never mind top flight.

Maybe its a generational thing as they were 2nd division whem I got into football i  the 80s, bu there are definitely at least 20 clubs who I would consider top flight clubs over Leicester City.

3 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Yeah I’ve found that with the them. I found myself in a conversation with a Leicester fan at the end of last year, he was aggressive- and kept saying “but you’ll never win the league will you, we have”. Ok mate.

I wonder if it’s because they know they’ve peaked and the good times aren’t likely to ever be that good again?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

It's not arrogance at all. I don't see them as a traditionally top flight club. Wigan won the FA Cup and I don't see them as even a 2nd tier club never mind top flight.

Maybe its a generational thing as they were 2nd division whem I got into football i  the 80s, bu there are definitely at least 20 clubs who I would consider top flight clubs over Leicester City.

Not that it's the barometer on the size of the club, but Leicester have around 500,000 more followers than our official Twitter admin, and over 4.5 million more followers to their Instagram page.

Having won the Premier League and the FA Cup recently, as well as recent CL game, along with a large stadium and supposedly one of the best training facilities in the league, they're very much a top flight club these days. In no way compatible to Wigan randomly winning a cup.

What more would they need to be considered a top flight club in your view?

• Like 1

The PL is too competitive now to want big sides to stay up. It's us or them.

Ideal scenario for Villa is Everton, Leicester and West Ham all down. Not sure any will go though.

I don’t mind them in the PL and can think of a number of clubs down at the bottom I would prefer to go down.

not only have the had recent success, I like that they gave the sky six a problem over the years, taking European spots. Strangely the media still prefer Spurs, yet Leicester have more claim of being a big club based on silverware over the last decade.

They have a terrible season and could go down, but there should be teams worse than them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Martin O'Neill back at Leicester? That would be absolutely hilarious. He was past it at Sunderland a decade ago, God knows what he'd be like now.

Knowing MON, he will have gone on a mission, speaking to other coaches and studying them to have a variety of different tactics and styles at his disposal.

:trollface:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

Maybe its a generational thing as they were 2nd division whem I got into football i  the 80s, bu there are definitely at least 20 clubs who I would consider top flight clubs over Leicester 

I think we have won the lesgue once in almost 100 years to be fair. We have not punched our weight for far too long. We got their in the early 80s but it fell apart far too quickly. 

To be fair to Leicester they have stuck around near the top for quite a while after winning the league.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

The PL is too competitive now to want big sides to stay up. It's us or them.

Ideal scenario for Villa is Everton, Leicester and West Ham all down. Not sure any will go though.

Keep Everton up for the 6 points a season tho

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think we have won the lesgue once in almost 100 years to be fair. We have not punched our weight for far too long. We got their in the early 80s but it fell apart far too quickly. 

To be fair to Leicester they have stuck around near the top for quite a while after winning the league.

Im not sure why the league win is relevant? We have spent more time in the top flight than anyone else (think joint with Everton) and Leicester have spent a lot of time in lower tiers.  It's not even close. We are a traditionally top flight club and in fact maybe the MOST traditionally top flight club. Leicester aren't. That's all I was saying.

Edit: Checked and they are 24th in terms of top flight years. 

So that would literally put them outside the top tier. Proving my point.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

While football wasn't invented in 1992, years in the PL are probably a decent benchmark for who's a "traditional" top flight club, these days, because if you have to go back to the 70s or 80s, it's probably time to admit you're an old man yelling at clouds

Leicester are 13th in the list of clubs with the most season in the PL, they'll be joint 12th if they stay up. We're 7th. 

Considering we haven't finished above them in 10 years, they'd probably feel quite entitled to tell you to wind your neck in :) 

Well you cannot use the word traditionally and then refuse to count anything before 1992. That's patently absurd.

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Im not sure why the league win is relevant? We have spent more time in the top flight than anyone else 

11 fewer than Everton actually ;) 

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Well you cannot use the word traditionally and then refuse to count anything before 1992. That's patently absurd.

Yeah you're right. Really I guess my point was more about who is an "established" top flight club, rather than traditional, the latter of which I'd argue is an absolutely pointless metric, but it's a fair cop I went off on a tangent

Â