Leicester City

Villan4Life

5 minutes ago, robby b said:

Yeah, maybe he'll be the next PL manager sacked if they lose their next game...

Anyway does anyone have any idea roughly when we might play the game at theirs that was cancelled because of the queen? I just realised we still haven't played them yet this season.

Yes. It will be rearranged for just after they hire their new manager or when they are bang in form.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Worked out for them sticking with Brenda but they'll but stuck in mid table limbo for all eternity

Theres nothing to them really, which makes the defeat at our own hands all that more annoying

Rodgers will still leave in the summer I think. Still a case of he's taken them as far as he can but obviously dosen't want a relegation on his CV. 

Tielemans will leave on a free and Maddison will only have 12 months on his deal so that's their big problem for next season right there.

Still in last five years they've won FA cup, finished 5th twice and reached SF of european competition so sometimes you have to accept a few seasons in wilderness while rebuilding.

Emery will be having a statue of himself put up next to McGregor in the Trinity forecourt if he's managed all that by May 2028.

• Like 3

Just now, VillaChris said:

Rodgers will still leave in the summer I think. Still a case of he's taken them as far as he can but obviously dosen't want a relegation on his CV. 

Tielemans will leave on a free and Maddison will only have 12 months on his deal so that's their big problem for next season right there.

Still in last five years they've won FA cup, finished 5th twice and reached SF of european competition so sometimes you have to accept a few seasons in wilderness while rebuilding.

Emery will be having a statue of himself put up next to McGregor in the Trinity forecourt if he's managed all that by May 2028.

Blew 4th twice 😉

Think his biggest issue has been he can't nail down a top CB partnership, Evans was actually a brilliant signing for them post maguire but they seem to be throwing money away in that position, he's another one they're struggling to phase out and replace

Brilliant that they want to chant you're **** shit to mings

• Haha 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Blew 4th twice 😉

Think his biggest issue has been he can't nail down a top CB partnership, Evans was actually a brilliant signing for them post maguire but they seem to be throwing money away in that position, he's another one they're struggling to phase out and replace

Brilliant that they want to chant you're **** shit to mings

You have some high standards mate.😂

Wonder if there's a Villareal4europe on their forum moaning about not finishing above Atletico Madrid or Sevilla in Emery's time while everyone else is still watching re-runs of their penalty shoot out v Man. United.

Going to be incredibly exciting if Emery can eventually get us to those heights here.

I think it's so hard to finish in the top 4 you can't get away with doing what they did

And they did it twice!

Feel for them slightly in that I think they're a sad indictment of what the PL is, they've won stuff, they've played CL yet spurs turnover is still 3x theirs, theyve shown that you won't get a seat at the top table on the pitch

But at the same time I can look at what we did under MON and how close we came yet couldn't do it and they're worse, has anyone come so close and not done it? Them not getting CL should be seen as a failure and it has pretty much finished them for the foreseeable, I don't see a way back for them unless there's a massive shift

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think it's so hard to finish in the top 4 you can't get away with doing what they did

And they did it twice!

Feel for them slightly in that I think they're a sad indictment of what the PL is, they've won stuff, they've played CL yet spurs turnover is still 3x theirs, theyve shown that you won't get a seat at the top table on the pitch

But at the same time I can look at what we did under MON and how close we came yet couldn't do it and they're worse, has anyone come so close and not done it? Them not getting CL should be seen as a failure and it has pretty much finished them for the foreseeable, I don't see a way back for them unless there's a massive shift

Do any of their older fanbase really care about that though? Different for their younger generation who probably can't even remember going down to league one in 2008 so all they know is being a top end championship side under Pearson and then all the miracles since established in the prem.

Older support who can remember 70s and 80s will just be grateful for all they've witnessed so you do get more philosophical as the years go by I'd say.

If Emery can get us going in all the cups we enter in next few seasons then that will sustain interest in seasons even if we just bob around 6th-8th in the league.

09/10 was a very interesting season back in the MON times even if we inevitably fell short. From early Jan every game was practically a big one with something riding on it.

Just now, Mantis said:

Haven't they put 4 past us on 3 separate occasions since we came back up?

We really do have the shittiest bogey teams.

We've beaten them a few times aswell though, last minute Trez winner in the cup, Barkley scored last minute there in 2020 and Gerrard got 4 points v them last season.

Record v West Ham is far far worse in recent times.

We have to play them again i think we will get our revenge on them personally. The game could have gone either way. Hopwfully the re arranged game will be soon so our players can put it right

We should have carlos back too

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

and Leeds, Southampton plus we seemed to get over the United hoodoo

Southampton were probably one of our biggest bogey teams from 1992 until 2022.  We've won the last three against them so maybe the curse is broken (or they are absolute guff).

Â