Leicester City

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Potter would be mad taking the job now, a relegation on his CV will not be a good look. He can wait to the end of the season, and have his pick of any of the bottom half teams that survive.

Timing is the key here. Dean Smith made a mistake jumping straight back into things with Norwich so quickly, but Leicester are a much better proposition. He'd be mad to say no.

Leicester would be taking a big risk appointing Potter, they're in a relegation battle so need immediate impact but he never starts off well at clubs, first two seasons at Brighton they barely did any better than Hughton points wise, at Swansea for most of the season he was there they were bottom third of the Championship until a late run at the end saw them move up to midtable, and we've seen what happened at Chelsea.

They've got two home games coming up this week, if they were to win both that could put a different perspective on things, but if not Potter a risky appointment, if we were in the bottom three or close to it I would be worried about giving him the job, not because he's a bad manager as such, but because seemingly takes a while for players to adapt to his methods.

• Like 1

Rodgers isnt a bad manager at all. We would all kill for those 5th places and a FA CUP.

Just hasnt worked out this season for him. It happens. Look at klopp at liverpool having a terrible season there

30 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes I think he got disillusioned with the lack of investment in the summer.  This has been a golden era for Leicester. But things go in cycles and their time is coming to an end. 

I think it is shows just how hard it is for any club outside the scum 6 to consistently challenge for Europe and trophies, given the massive inbuilt advantages 6 clubs have over the other 14.

They're not too good to go down. You hear a lot of the time this assumption that eventually the table will right itself and Leicester will wake from their slumber, and I'm not ruling it out, but this isn't a great squad. Obviously Maddison is really good, Barnes is capable of moments but he's also really wasteful and doesn't play Villa every week, then what else is there? Faes is good sometimes. Mostly though, their best players have either left (Schmeichel) or alarmingly declined (Ndidi, Pereira, Vardy). Vardy especially was a sad sight to see today; I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but in his prime he was a thrilling presence on the pitch. I've never seen anyone so far back on their heels as he was tonight; the big plan to get him in and fire up the crowd was a total dud. 

All in all, maybe they'll survive, but right now I'm leaning towards probably not. 

• Like 1

I always have a bit of a morbid curiosity for the larger teams dragged into a relegation battle to go down. 

Don't really feel it with Leicester, I hope they stay up.

They should have enough to save themselves too but theres not a lot of fight left in them it appears.

Potter would be a great signing for them in the summer. Not sure he's the guy to keep them up though.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats what i think too. Bournemouth are pants

Beat Fulham last week, Liverpool 3 weeks before that and ran Arsenal close another week prior

• Like 1

12 hours ago, duke313 said:

The post match thread on the Leicester forum is a depressing read, reminds me of our relegation season. Kind of feel sorry for them.

They are just reverting back to their rightful place in the football pyramid. They got two years in the CL, a league title and an FA cup. That's more than 99% of teams will ever enjoy. 

As for the current situation they left it way too late to sack BRodge, he should have been the first manager sacked this season. Potter would be a good appointment for them. He could help turn them into a mid table team.  

He had an awful calendar year last year didn't he? Should have gone before the WC

As for what he did at Leicester... Did he do well to get 5th twice or did he blow 4th place twice? I lean towards the latter, he should have got them CL

Â