Leicester City

Villan4Life

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Palace?!

They have the worst away games of all the teams down there (still got to go to Chelsea, both Manchester clubs and Liverpool) and are even worse at home than we were last season.

You're just ignoring the two worst in form teams. Likes of Hull and Swansea are playing like decent mid table teams atm. Momentum counts for a lot at this stage as we've seen in the past.

Only reason I am not saying palace is because fat Sam has a habit of going a run towards end of season and I believe he has never been relegated?

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Only reason I am not saying palace is because fat Sam has a habit of going a run towards end of season and I believe he has never been relegated?

Leicester had never won the league before and it happened.  Records are there to be broke.  

The relegation race is a lot more exciting than the title race that's for sure.

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

I think Bournemouth will turn it around.

I also think Hull's renaissance won't continue at its current level.  But he certainly has them flying.

Yes football is a random game, you think you have it cracked after a couple of good results then the pendulum swings. Theres a lot of variables that come into getting results. Luck and refereeing decisions play a larger part.

Can see Leicester getting knocked out of the FA Cup by Derby tomorrow & it isn't going to get much better for them. They are away at Swansea on Sunday and a defeat there will really put them in the shit.

As for the champions league, Sevilla are 3rd in the league (3 points off top), Only lost 4 games all season & scoring over 2 goals per game on average.

They will hammer Leicester in 2 weeks time and Ranieri will quit after the first leg

• Like 1

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 18:51, LakotaDakota said:

Can see Leicester getting knocked out of the FA Cup by Derby tomorrow & it isn't going to get much better for them. They are away at Swansea on Sunday and a defeat there will really put them in the shit.

As for the champions league, Sevilla are 3rd in the league (3 points off top), Only lost 4 games all season & scoring over 2 goals per game on average.

They will hammer Leicester in 2 weeks time and Ranieri will quit after the first leg

Only picked up 1 point from their last two games though!  They lost at Granada as well. I expect Sevilla to beat them but no pressure on Leicester in this tie I don't think,

Edited by PaulC

I feel sorry for Ranieri, the players have really let him down this season. As a manager when you have had such .a fairytale season like last year its very difficult to make so many changes. He's stuck with a lot of the same players and you could argue none of them are performing anywhere close to level they were last season. That's not to say they were expected to replicate last season, but they haven't even show glimpses.

I think his one big mistake was his recruitment in the centre of defence. No matter how well they performed last season, Morgan and Huth have been shockingly poor. In the summer he went for cheap competition in Benaloune and Hernandez and already one of them has been shipped back out. The latter has since been replaced by another loanee who Ranieri confesses will need time to settle.

When you consider the money spend elsewhere in the side, it's questionable whether he used the money wisely. Otherwise I think he has tried to invest money in young players with potential to help Leicester in the long term. A lot of these players have no experience in English football. As we have discovered this can not work to well and is a huge risk, although one which at the time was probably seemed worth it given the level of talent in their squad.

I think out of these players Ndidi and Gray (although signed last January) could become top quality Premier League players. Musa has been really disappointing, almost like Ayew for us, much promise but little end product. However he may be one of those who needs time to settle.

If they scrape through and survive this season, (I think they just will), they will have the foundation to build up a good team again.

• Like 1

N'Didi looks a good signing. Gray will become very good for them. Musa i'm unsure of, I can see him moving on but equally I can see him adapting next season and having a good season hmm it is hard to tell which way he will go.

Mendy looks well off the pace.

They need new defenders in the summer but I agree with the above, providing they pick up enough results to stay up I can see next season being a better season for them (won't win the title again but that isn't the point)

7 hours ago, PaulC said:

I think Albrighton's days might be numbered there. He's been crap this season.

Whilst the quality hasn't been there as much this season he works hard and creates several chances every game.

6.5/10 WB

Â