André Green

sir_gary_cahill

59 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Injury prone.

Can't see him carrying us in the championship.

Won't see the best of him under Bruce anyway he's not the clogger type.

Why is he injury prone? He tore a hamstring which is a massive injury, it takes a lot of time to get over. 

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Injury prone.

Can't see him carrying us in the championship.

Won't see the best of him under Bruce anyway he's not the clogger type.

so who is the clogger in our team?

Go on then Andre, sign a new deal, you know you want to.

Can't keep letting the whole 'nominal fee for Delph' thing keep happening or players leave for free. And much as it pains me to say it, if he wont sign up now, we don't really have much of an option but to cash in on him this summer if his contract is up in 2019. Maybe we have an extention option. Who knows.

Either way I hope he stays and stays fit. We could do with him.

Always looked quite timid to me whenever I've seen him. Remember seeing him up against Cyrus Christie and he never really tried to get at him. Only 19 though, hopefully next season can be a breakthrough for him.

On 29/05/2018 at 00:54, VILLAMARV said:

Go on then Andre, sign a new deal, you know you want to.

Can't keep letting the whole 'nominal fee for Delph' thing keep happening or players leave for free. And much as it pains me to say it, if he wont sign up now, we don't really have much of an option but to cash in on him this summer if his contract is up in 2019. Maybe we have an extention option. Who knows.

Either way I hope he stays and stays fit. We could do with him.

Think his contract runs until 2020.

11 hours ago, Hornso said:

Think his contract runs until 2020.

I don't know, just going off transfermarkt and the press. RDM had him signing a new 3 year contract in Aug 2016 according to the press releases at the time. Maybe we have an extension option like I say. Has he signed again since then?

OS new deal for Green

On 27/05/2018 at 19:49, TRO said:

so who is the clogger in our team?

Jack Grealish. Such a clogger

Bruce clearly loves him. He's playing the best football of his career because Bruce built the team around him.
Why oh why does Bruce keep playing these cloggers. 

Adomah, Snodgrass, Grabban, Kodjia.

It's just too much!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

I don't know, just going off transfermarkt and the press. RDM had him signing a new 3 year contract in Aug 2016 according to the press releases at the time. Maybe we have an extension option like I say. Has he signed again since then?

OS new deal for Green

Birmingham Mail has him signing a new 2 year deal in March this year.

Andre Green reveals his two Aston Villa aims after signing new deal

The ambitious 19-year-old spoke to the Birmingham Mail after signing a new deal

• 1 month later...
On 29/05/2018 at 11:31, Tom13 said:

Always looked quite timid to me whenever I've seen him. Remember seeing him up against Cyrus Christie and he never really tried to get at him. Only 19 though, hopefully next season can be a breakthrough for him.

Like most young players, he has endearing attributes but needs to work on others like awareness and decision making & composure.....his pace, power and intensity is encouraging, but just needs to brush up on his final work.

good prospect.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Like most young players, he has endearing attributes but needs to work on others like awareness and decision making.....his pace, power and intensity is encouraging, but just needs to brush up on his final work.

good prospect.

He’s a work in progress, the potential is massive but that’s all it is, he could be outstanding in my opinion but let’s not put too much pressure on him

• Like 1

A player that could have a real breakthrough season with us if he stays relatively injury free and we don't sell him to someone looking at taking our young talent off our hands on the cheap.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s a work in progress, the potential is massive but that’s all it is, he could be outstanding in my opinion but let’s not put too much pressure on him

Yes he is and its difficult to know where his improvement will plateau.

but we have to be mindful when appraising young players.....There are some exceptional ones out there like Sessegnon and dare I say it Mbappe.

so whilst it is only fair to have to give young players wiggle room.....it only lasts so long. it has a short shelf like before expectation kicks in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John said:

A player that could have a real breakthrough season with us if he stays relatively injury free and we don't sell him to someone looking at taking our young talent off our hands on the cheap.  

I am hoping there are plenty of clubs like us....who only want ready made, "hit the ground running" players......and no appetite for the long/medium  term.

In which case Green could be overlooked.

• Like 2

Â