André Green

sir_gary_cahill

90 minutes.  Like Kodjia he is going to need as many minutes as possible to get him back to his levels. .
Would love for him to get 30+ games under his belt this year. Gives us what we needed most last season, raw pace to get us up the pitch.

Looked really bright, but faded somewhat as expected.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Only watched the second half but he was poor, watched first half of the other game

I was jokin - in response to comment about scouts watching him.  I thought he looked pretty good TBH.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yep, good goal.

Really hope we’re not going with 5-3-2 this season though, wish Bruce would just let that go but he seems obsessed with it...

We dicked around all pre-season last year and we started the season like a bag of shit. We do not have the players for this system, why he keeps going back to it is beyond me.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

We dicked around all pre-season last year and we started the season like a bag of shit. We do not have the players for this system, why he keeps going back to it is beyond me.

Exactly, so frustrating. Will we ever be an attacking side under his management?

One can only dream & hope...

• Like 1

My assumption re 5-3-2 is that the formation was meant to compensate for what seemed to be the inevitable sale of Chester, and inability to get any adequate replacements, by having makeshift CB's (Hutton, Jedinak, Elphick) but more of them. Jedinak in particular is a] slow and b] not very good at distribution, so maybe the plan was to surround him with short-ball passing options. 

This assumption may be absolute rubbish, of course. 

He has to learn how to stay in a game like Jack does.

Not sure, if he has the Stamina....but need sto contribute to the overall much more.

In terms of ability, he could be anything he wants to be, with the right approach of attitude.

His first goal was a lovely strike, you could see the ball was destined for the top corner as soon as it left his boot.

If I am being picky, he got a little lucky with his headed second goal. It wasn’t the most convincing finish, he was unmarked 6 yards out and almost headed straight at the keeper.  He looks a fairly tall lad, who could become a potent weapon coming in from the wing on the far side. If he can improve his heading ability, I think he can get a few goals with his head.

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

His first goal was a lovely strike, you could see the ball was destined for the top corner as soon as it left his boot.

If I am being picky, he got a little lucky with his headed second goal. It wasn’t the most convincing finish, he was unmarked 6 yards out and almost headed straight at the keeper.  He looks a fairly tall lad, who could become a potent weapon coming in from the wing on the far side. If he can improve his heading ability, I think he can get a few goals with his head.

I think he’s great in the air

Â