André Green

sir_gary_cahill

We need to manage him properly. That's key.  Not playing him too much in the 23s which he's clearly too good for. He should be getting 20 minutes every game or so with the seniors when snodgrass and adomah start to feel it a bit. Annoys me to this day how we handled steven davis when we had him.  We need to learn from that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He's just fundamentally a better player than Adomah, at everything. I realise that's not the popular consensus but I'm sure I'm right. 

Not for everything for me. I think Adomah is a much better finisher than Green 

Edited by Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not for everything for me. I think Adomah is a much better finisher than Green 

Not that it's much evidence of anything but 3 in 2 for the U23's. No doubt he missed a couple of easy chances for the big club, he can also hit them from just about anywhere. 

Doesnt really matter who is the best out of the 2 of them, more that we are getting someone who can share the responsibility now for the rest of the season!

Id say resting Albert will pay dividends as the season ramps up, the same for snodgrass too!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Doesnt really matter who is the best out of the 2 of them, more that we are getting someone who can share the responsibility now for the rest of the season!

Id say resting Albert will pay dividends as the season ramps up, the same for snodgrass too!

exactly! better to have three deadlies on the wings than two.

Adomah and Snodgrass can't play a full 90 so Green will get minutes. I just hope Bruce doesn't do what he always does and make a sub once it's past the 80th minute. We need subs around the 60-70 minute mark.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

We need to manage him properly. That's key.  Not playing him too much in the 23s which he's clearly too good for. He should be getting 20 minutes every game or so with the seniors when snodgrass and adomah start to feel it a bit. Annoys me to this day how we handled steven davis when we had him.  We need to learn from that. 

What do you mean by this? Steven was Player of year before O'Neill arrived and got rid of him.

We should have handled O'Neill better and not let him ship out Davis and Cahill and spend a fortune replacing them with Knight and Reo Coker.

• Like 2

On 23/01/2018 at 17:12, Villastine said:

What do you mean by this? Steven was Player of year before O'Neill arrived and got rid of him.

We should have handled O'Neill better and not let him ship out Davis and Cahill and spend a fortune replacing them with Knight and Reo Coker.

At the time, neither player was good enough to challenge top 4, which was the end goal.

1 hour ago, NIVillan said:

Err neither were the players brought in to replace them.

Ultimately they weren't. But we needed to try and sign players capable. It was too soon for both cahill and davis to be playing regular football for a team chasing champions league spots

45 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I can't get on board with the idea that Green is a better player than Adomah. The latter's goals have won several matches this season, including his penalties, of which he has been - not trying to jinx it - an ice-cold taker so far. 

Green may well have a higher ceiling (in fact, given their respective ages, he almost certainly does). But right now, Adomah is a better player, and I'm primarily concerned with right now. Green will be an excellent asset off the bench, running at tired legs. 

I would say Green is a better footballer in terms of ability on the ball and general play but in terms of impact on games Albert has been priceless for us this season. 

Green may well have a higher ceiling, but I've seen nothing at all yet that makes me think he should start ahead of Adomah. 

23 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I can't get on board with the idea that Green is a better player than Adomah. The latter's goals have won several matches this season, including his penalties, of which he has been - not trying to jinx it - an ice-cold taker so far. 

Green may well have a higher ceiling (in fact, given their respective ages, he almost certainly does). But right now, Adomah is a better player, and I'm primarily concerned with right now. Green will be an excellent asset off the bench, running at tired legs. 

Yes, Green has done absolutely nothing to suggest he's a better player thus far.

Â