André Green

sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Possibly, but not made the team since early September (Hamstring injury for most the season) and not made the squad last few games either so would be suprised if he was suddenly included.

He is fully fit and has been for a few weeks now though - shows how strong the bench is that he can’t get on it recently .

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Eastie said:

He is fully fit and has been for a few weeks now though - shows how strong the bench is that he can’t get on it recently .

It is great to have such selection headaches in every area of the team.

I remember the days of Lambert, Sherwood, even MO'N where the team near enough picked itself.

A refreshing change for sure.

• Like 3

No doubt whatsoever if Albert is fit he keeps the shirt - if Albert was not fit I’d have no qualms giving green a starting place . 

‘The good thing is we now have great competition for places in the team and a strong bench too - exciting times ahead .

5 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It is great to have such selection headaches in every area of the team.

I remember the days of Lambert, Sherwood, even MO'N where the team near enough picked itself.

A refreshing change for sure.

Except defence, remember the days of:

Hutton(?) Clark(?) Baker(?) Luna(?)

the endless discussions of back four scenarios in the previous match thread... :D

13 hours ago, dn1982 said:

Fair enough but I don’t think he can get any fitter not playing. 

There are also easier games to bring him and also to get match fit.  It's going to be a tough game, we dont want to be carrying passengers (again not ability but match fitness).  Super sub seems more reasonable to me, the opposition will be worn down, gives him a chance to get match confidence and his ability then can help us.

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

There are also easier games to bring him and also to get match fit.  It's going to be a tough game, we dont want to be carrying passengers (again not ability but match fitness).  Super sub seems more reasonable to me, the opposition will be worn down, gives him a chance to get match confidence and his ability then can help us.

I think the main reason he was being touted was because Albert was reportedly injured but it doesn’t seem serious and he looks likely to be fit hopefully .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nick76 said:

I’d still think he’s the best option to replace Adomah If he doesnt make it. He’s fit he’s played 90 min a few times for the reserves. I think Adomah will make it but he needs to be the option off off the bench he’s a better winger than Birkir or Onomah. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dn1982 said:

I’d still think he’s the best option to replace Adomah If he doesnt make it. He’s fit he’s played 90 min a few times for the reserves. I think Adomah will make it but he needs to be the option off off the bench he’s a better winger than Birkir or Onomah. 

I think Onomah has been decent in that positon when he's played there. He provides a good out ball because he's usually bigger than the full back he is up against and can out jump/muscle him.  He seems to have a good understanding with Jack too.

He goes missing a lot in games , more so when the team around him is crap I.e like at Reading earlier this season 

thats not necessarily his fault but we need the manager to well errm manage him and protect him ... and Bruce looks as though he will do that 

accept he's a decent player learning his trade and that his time will come 

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

He goes missing a lot in games , more so when the team around him is crap I.e like at Reading earlier this season 

thats not necessarily his fault but we need the manager to well errm manage him and protect him ... and Bruce looks as though he will do that 

accept he's a decent player learning his trade and that his time will come 

He is young, and will get better. I am convinced he will be a big player for us in the future. We all know young players can drift in and out of games and indeed form. Davis an example at the moment.

19 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not good signs, a lot of injuries and he's still young, could be that his body isn't built for this game.

Arguably, you could say his body is overdeveloped for his age. He's built like a middleweight.  

• Like 1

On 30/12/2017 at 19:13, Mr.Messy said:

I do hope he can make it back, I fear that this injury could be the end of his career at this level.

On 31/12/2017 at 00:13, sidcow said:

See above. Not sure one torn hamstring would end a career. 

maybe not but two can, he's done unfortunately.

Â