André Green

sir_gary_cahill

16 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

Sounds like he will be needed for Saturday, let's hope he's match ready.

I can't see him starting this game, after not being deemed ready to even making the bench. 

I think Bruce will either go with Onamah, or start with Grabban and have him and Grealish interchanging between left and central positions. 

27 minutes ago, av1 said:

I can't see him starting this game, after not being deemed ready to even making the bench. 

I think Bruce will either go with Onamah, or start with Grabban and have him and Grealish interchanging between left and central positions. 

I doubt Grabban will be starting out wide, or interchanging with a central midfielder. 

It'll be Bjarnason. I'd rather see Green given his chance. 

18 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I doubt Grabban will be starting out wide, or interchanging with a central midfielder. 

It'll be Bjarnason. I'd rather see Green given his chance. 

I really really hope it isn't Bjarnason. He's hopeless on the left. 

I think the best Green could do is bench this weekend despite Albert's injury, I think we'll see either Whelan or Bjarnason brought in and Jack moved out wide.  Giving more solidity in the middle away from home forced on by Albert's injury but might make some sense. 

Depending on how the game is going then throwing on Onamah, Green or Grabban.  Fulham are a really good team but we are better.  Sometimes good to be a bit more solid away from home and then throw on additional guns later in the game. 

Not sure throwing Green in now into this game from the start would be a wise move. 

Given my history though he'll probably start, score a brace and be man of the match.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I feel it might be Onomah or Tuanzebe.

Green I feel won't be pushed in on such a game away from home, or even make the bench for that matter.

Every game is still must win and I don't think the time is yet for Green.

I really think it should be Green.

He was there before and was a threat.

It's all opinion, but I would not have Onomah anywhere the team.

Tuanzebe I am impressed by, and he might be best employed giving us strength at RB. He also tends to get forward. I think Elmohamody is our defensive weak link.

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Green I feel won't be pushed in on such a game away from home, or even make the bench for that matter.

Green is good enough to play against Fulham or anyone else in this division .

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Green is good enough to play against Fulham or anyone else in this division.

Possibly, but not made the team since early September (Hamstring injury for most the season) and not made the squad last few games either so would be suprised if he was suddenly included.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I really really hope it isn't Bjarnason. He's hopeless on the left. 

Hopeless is a bit strong, hes barely been given a chance.

However im with you that i dont want him there as id like to see him settled in the one role going forward.  

Surely with the loss of the first choice the really obvious replacement would be one of our brightest kids ( and the original first choice), especially now as we are on such a roll? 

Seems the best time to reintroduce him!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Green has been fit for a few weeks now and Adomah only got his chance because of his injury. Putting him in is a like for like replacement so it’s the best option. Saying the time for isn’t yet for Green is baffling as he was one of our best player s prior to his injury. 

• Like 1

There are bits i love about Green and bits I am unsure about.

I think he is a bit like Jack before his injury....not quite developed yet.....I want to see a bit more maturity from his game.

I want to see Green hurt teams more and not lose possession quite so easily....thats partly decision making.

I think he could be a bit of a risk against Fulham, with the above and just coming back from injury to boot.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Green has been fit for a few weeks now and Adomah only got his chance because of his injury. Putting him in is a like for like replacement so it’s the best option. Saying the time for isn’t yet for Green is baffling as he was one of our best player s prior to his injury. 

Interesting...but Albert has improved his game no end.....including the defensive side of his game, which was actually the bit that was keeping him out.

It will be interesting to see Green play in a better functioning side, our fears maybe unfounded.

when you say a like gor like replacement.....I know what you mean, but I am unsure that Andre has Alberts defensive qualities ( what i mean by that is holding the ball, laying it off, keeping possession,making good positional decisions)....However, Andre is more powerful, more direct and closes down aggresively.

who would be a football manager?

ps Ryan Sessegnon will be a threat, so it could be an important decision.

Edited by TRO

Â