André Green

sir_gary_cahill

22 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It wasn’t a brilliant goal. It was just a tidy finish. I just found it sad that rather than people being able to post well done for the goal there was at first nothing but silence and then eventually a debate on how good his goal was. 

Looks like many fans have made up their mind on him.

I still think he could be a decent player but I guess I’m in the minority.

I guess, if you are a winger and you find it difficult to beat your man, you have an uphill battle convincing folk you are worth persevering with......He has much work to do on his game.

Edited by TRO

Think the times he looked most interesting was in the friendlies last season when he played as a striker (think it was last season anyway)

Be OK with him as 3rd choice option there (who can also play on the flanks) so we can get rid of Hogan. And if we get another striker in Kodjia as well

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Think the times he looked most interesting was in the friendlies last season when he played as a striker (think it was last season anyway)

Be OK with him as 3rd choice option there (who can also play on the flanks) so we can get rid of Hogan. And if we get another striker in Kodjia as well

I remember that too, certainly in one match where I think he scored.

• Like 1

On 29/07/2019 at 12:31, Sulberto21 said:

He initially forced the mistake from their central defender... bla bla

No he did not. McGinn intercepted a play. Green did sweet nothing before that goal. He tried to apply pressure but was too slow. Suggest you watch it again. 

18 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I remember that too, certainly in one match where I think he scored.

No other comparisons made but I think the route he will and should take is to follow in the steps of Thierry Henry and move from the flank into central attacker.

He'll obviously have to work very hard on some aspects of his game but I think this is what he should do.

If he ends up doing it with us or some lower level club remains to be seen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Too inconsistent.

For every good game he follows it up with 5 bad games, and we can't afford that.

Hes stats are saying the opposite my norwegian friend

2 hours ago, sne said:

No other comparisons made but I think the route he will and should take is to follow in the steps of Thierry Henry and move from the flank into central attacker.

He'll obviously have to work very hard on some aspects of his game but I think this is what he should do.

If he ends up doing it with us or some lower level club remains to be seen.

Its funny you say that.....I don't think he is built like a winger......I think he is more a Che Adams type player and as you say down the middle or the inside forward positions....but he would have to read the game more like Billy Sharp and Che.

I don't think he is designed for twisting and turning, he is not "eel like" that lends itself to elusive wingers.

I could be wrong, but he doesn't strike me as a winger despite his time out there.

7 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

No he did not. McGinn intercepted a play. Green did sweet nothing before that goal. He tried to apply pressure but was too slow. Suggest you watch it again. 

I disagree it’s the initial pressure from Green and the fact Green cut off his options that the defender rushed his pass. 

Looking at it again The only one slow to react was Davis who probably should have been further forward to his defender. Obviously McGinn saw the pressure from Green and made a good tackle but Green forced that pass. 

We can carry on debating this till the cows come home so im done on his goal against Charlton.  I don’t look at games with my prejudices on I watch them with a subjective view. 

Excuse the artistic expression on the Jpeg art isn’t my strong suit.

64125696-A191-4F98-ABD8-D2FD3FF1200B.jpeg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TRO said:

I guess, if you are a winger and you find it difficult to beat your man, you have an uphill battle convincing folk you are worth persevering with......He has much work to do on his game.

I agree - I think many of us are willing him to do well for the obvious reason - whilst secretly thinking he is not going to quite cut it here.

• Like 1

Green is a talented player. I do see him as a striker in the long term. Has similar qualites to Henry (obviously nowhere near that class currently). On the wing is more suited to the left as his crossing is poor but his finishing is good and looks to play one twos and make room for the overlapping fullback. Can definitely beat a man is quick and has a good football brain but hasn't quite worked for him recently. He looks like a man under pressure. Is playing with fear.

On 30/07/2019 at 19:54, Sulberto21 said:

I disagree it’s the initial pressure from Green and the fact Green cut off his options that the defender rushed his pass. 

Looking at it again The only one slow to react was Davis who probably should have been further forward to his defender. Obviously McGinn saw the pressure from Green and made a good tackle but Green forced that pass. 

We can carry on debating this till the cows come home so im done on his goal against Charlton.  I don’t look at games with my prejudices on I watch them with a subjective view. 

Excuse the artistic expression on the Jpeg art isn’t my strong suit.

64125696-A191-4F98-ABD8-D2FD3FF1200B.jpeg

Rushed his pass 😂 from the very picture you provided you can see Green is 7 yards away and the defender has already lined up the pass in mind. His entire body is already showing he is making the pass into the middle. Rushed the pass 😂

47 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Rushed his pass 😂 from the very picture you provided you can see Green is 7 yards away and the defender has already lined up the pass in mind. His entire body is already showing he is making the pass into the middle. Rushed the pass 😂

Watch the video, the defender panicked. Again one sees what they want to see not what actually happened.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, birdistheword said:

Rumoured to be off to Preston on loan. Would suit all parties.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-aston-villa-forward-in-advanced-talks-to-join-north-west-club-for-19-20/

'Aston Villa winger Andre Green is in advanced talks to join Preston North End, Football Insider understands.

Preston boss Alex Neil is keen to bring in a new attacker to replace Callum Robinson and he has targeted a move for the blisteringly quick forward.'

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache
Quote article

Â