Ryan Bertrand

Didiersix

Ireland's gone, if we sell Benteke in the summer for 20 mil then surely there should be a bit of money down the Villa Park sofa? As ever it is the wages will be the sticking point.

I was half joking, but hopefully we don't have to base any spending plans on selling Benteke.

Why not that is how Spurs have got nearish the big boys? Carrick, Berbs, Modric, Bale etc,etc. Same at Everton- they have sold Rodwell and Fellani for nearly  40 million and at present play better without them. Sell at the right time and reinvest correctly. That is how to build a side up when you have not got the resources to compete with the top teams.

• Like 4

Nice deal. If it is only to be until the end of the season because like Walker he does so well with us that his club take him back or they sign someone else and he moves to a club that are willing to offer him more wages and Chelsea a bigger fee than we would then at least like Walker he can do a lot for us whilst he is with us. 

How about the team running out to "Ca Plane Pour Moi" for the rest of the season to make him feel at home?

Welcome to VP Ryan!

Edited by John

I nearly spat my coffee out when I read this at work. In my designated work break period of course. Very pleased at this piece of business. A quick job with no faffing around. I hope that his will become permanent in the summer with a cheeky bid of around 8 to 10 million?. Chelsea will probably decide to let him rot in the reserves though.As Dyke said on Danny Baker's 5 live show last week, English players need to play in order for them to progress. The lad will be 25 soon, Chelsea seem not too sure on him. This would be a great club for him to join to get back into the England set up. But can we afford him?

No.

Not even maybe?

This man says yes.

hqdefault.jpg

Some people seem to have a model that we sell off the current remaining high earners, then we can start hiring high wage players again.

That's not what it's about, I fear.

We sell off the current high earners and then pay low wages to everyone for ever.

or sell off the current high earners that add no value to the team and get in the odd high earner that does add value to the team.

Problem being that no one has mentioned yet. Is we start building a good team and other clubs will want our players. If Bertrand performs great and he becomes for sale, we would'nt be able to keep him here. i.e We did'nt even have Benteke a season and he was nearly gone.

verdict, even if we start having success its going to be hard to keep it.

.....but the trick is we sign more good players than bad or develop them at BMH and turn them in to good.

when the vultures circle and make us offers we can't refuse.... "we go again" but by repeating this process we will gradually be shopping at a higher level than we currently are.

• Like 1

when the vultures circle and make us offers we can't refuse.... "we go again" but by repeating this process we will gradually be shopping at a higher level than we currently are.
Zakly.

Some people seem to have a model that we sell off the current remaining high earners, then we can start hiring high wage players again.

That's not what it's about, I fear.

We sell off the current high earners and then pay low wages to everyone for ever.

or sell off the current high earners that add no value to the team and get in the odd high earner that does add value to the team.

Even if that was the policy (and I doubt very much if it is) do we think would Ryan Bertrand count as a rare high earner who adds value to the team?

Ireland's gone, if we sell Benteke in the summer for 20 mil then surely there should be a bit of money down the Villa Park sofa? As ever it is the wages will be the sticking point.

I was half joking, but hopefully we don't have to base any spending plans on selling Benteke.

Why not that is how Spurs have got nearish the big boys? Carrick, Berbs, Modric, Bale etc,etc. Same at Everton- they have sold Rodwell and Fellani for nearly  40 million and at present play better without them. Sell at the right time and reinvest correctly. That is how to build a side up when you have not got the resources to compete with the top teams.

Everton have received almost 50mill in 2 years ..Fellani £27mil Rodwell £12mil Aniechbie £6mil Jelevic £6.5mil in the same period our biggest transfer sale was Collins for £2.5 mil which is one reason they are miles ahead of us now as they have rebuilt wisely.

We will have to sell Benteke to build again we just have to hope the money is better invested than the cash we got for Milner / Downing

Welcome Ryan. Could be a great loan signing for the rest of the season, a step in the right direction. I just hope if he does well we can sign him permanently. He'll be 25 by then and wanting regular first team football and hopefully will have enjoyed his 6 months with us.

I nearly spat my coffee out when I read this at work. In my designated work break period of course. Very pleased at this piece of business. A quick job with no faffing around. I hope that his will become permanent in the summer with a cheeky bid of around 8 to 10 million?. Chelsea will probably decide to let him rot in the reserves though.As Dyke said on Danny Baker's 5 live show last week, English players need to play in order for them to progress. The lad will be 25 soon, Chelsea seem not too sure on him. This would be a great club for him to join to get back into the England set up. But can we afford him?

No.

Not even maybe?

This man says yes.

hqdefault.jpg

I really don't see what hollow man has to do with any of this

• Like 1

Everton have received almost 50mill in 2 years ..Fellani £27mil Rodwell £12mil Aniechbie £6mil Jelevic £6.5mil in the same period our biggest transfer sale was Collins for £2.5 mil which is one reason they are miles ahead of us now as they have rebuilt wisely.

We will have to sell Benteke to build again we just have to hope the money is better invested than the cash we got for Milner / Downing

Very true and it all started with the Rooney money, before that they were little different to us, Moyes was no genius, he was just lucky enough to be able to sell one.  We definitely should do the same with the first chance we get.

Â