Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I don't get the hype around Guidetti.

You had to have seen him at Feyenoord. He was immensely good that season. I don't think he'd have a problem with the pace or physicality of this league either.

That was how long ago? He has been out too long to make an impact in the Premier League at this moment IMO. If he goes to Feyenoord and plays like that again then I will get the hype.

Only a couple of seasons ago. Not that long.

That was how long ago? He has been out too long to make an impact in the Premier League at this moment IMO. If he goes to Feyenoord and plays like that again then I will get the hype.

If it was a transfer, that's the bet you're making. You're going to be paying a reduced price compared to if you had purchased him directly after his spell in the Eredivise but you don't know if he's the same player he was two seasons ago.

A loan is a lot less risky on our side, with the benefits, possibly getting a player who showed he has the potential to score a lot of goals, being much greater than the risks.

• Like 1

Martin Swain has written a piece about Hairy Hands in tonight's Express & Star, it seems the local press have also been wondering who he is and suggests they have their suspicions (which basically means it's someone in the playing camp or more likely the staff)

Quick! Delete the last few pages just in case the club or media find out.

Martin Swain has written a piece about Hairy Hands in tonight's Express & Star, it seems the local press have also been wondering who he is and suggests they have their suspicions (which basically means it's someone in the playing camp or more likely the staff)

Oh!

I have good news my friends!

Its common knowledge that we are clearly lacking someone with a decent beard right? Well apparently Dale Stephens has just been seen tripping over his as he climbed out of Julie B's basement and is about to complete the final leg of his trip to villa park. ;-)

I've seen him quite a few times this season and Hakim Ziyech would be somebody I'd be happy to see us go for. More of a goalscoring CM but can be pushed up into the No. 10 role also. The only criticism I have of him is that he is a little eager to play the killer ball too often but that is something that can easily be mended with some good coaching.

I think this window would be our only realistic chance of landing him because if he continues as is then he'll interest far better teams come the end of the season and his price will probably rocket. Lambert is known to scout Holland so I'd like to hope that he is on his radar at least.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

Wouldn't say he leaked the team-Can recall him suggesting Benteke may be rested for 1 game (which he subsequently was) & remember him coming on here an hour or so before we ko'd against Man U to say we were going for it & not to moan if things went wrong.

I guess with us being in the market for players at present, it was crucial for the club to call a halt on things. Perhaps Martin Swain started sniffing around at Villa & dropped HH in it?

Wouldn't mind us being interested in Wahbi Khazri. Seems a fairly consistent attacking midfielder in Ligue 1. A likely safe and relatively cheap purchase.

An added bonus is that I giggle a little on the inside, whenever I hear his name.

Wouldn't say he leaked the team-Can recall him suggesting Benteke may be rested for 1 game (which he subsequently was) & remember him coming on here an hour or so before we ko'd against Man U to say we were going for it & not to moan if things went wrong.

I guess with us being in the market for players at present, it was crucial for the club to call a halt on things. Perhaps Martin Swain started sniffing around at Villa & dropped HH in it?

Butterfingers please check your pm.

If Lambert had no knowledge and it is someone in his staff or team. Then i expect heads will roll

Lambert wasn't very happy when Luna announced he was injured and would miss a game via Twitter not that long back. Neither were the opposition apparently ;)

Â