Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Stick em here,  the non-sourced speculation etc.

Kick it off with your predictions of spend / numbers / areas to strengthen etc?

Do we need that creative midfielder or will we sign another central defender?

• Like 1

Whether we sign anyone in January or not I am always filled with awe & expectancy by the potential diamonds Lambo will unearth in the transfer window. Benteke, Bacuna, Sylla, Okore to name just a few. How does lambo do it?

As things stand at present an attacking midfielder is a must along with a further aquisition at Centre Back to cover Okore's long term absence.

Drool on with the speculation.

On the downside I'm sure everybody can expect media speculation again regarding Benteke though I fully expect him to stay until just after the 2014 World Cup.

On this one, the subsequent speculation & destabilising effect is not for the faint hearted & January will be a long month.

The good news on the beast. I forecast the speculation will prove unfounded.

Should try and get Sterling and/or Oxlade-Chamberlain in on loan (I know we don't like them) and point to the development of Kyle Walker.  Take the pressure off (or put it on, depending how you view it) Weimann & Agbonlahor.

If there is money available then the attacking/creative player would be lovely.

AM in the Summer, another CB in Jan

Unless it's a loan, I don't really see the point in signing another CB. Vlaar, Clark and Baker are all improving, while we also have the promising Okore to come back at some point.

• Like 1

Â