Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Why can't he get in the Norwich side if he's as decent as people say

He's played the past few games but from the article i read his first team action has been limited

Edited by AshVilla

Defour and Hoolahan are very different types of players though so can't see why we can't go after both ?

Always liked Hoolahan, clever little player and would be a good link between midfield and attack

I doubt we were intending to sign Defour to play him deep in my opinion. Wouldn't be that different to Westwood if played like that. Part of the reason he flopped at Porto.

Did Defours agent not say this evening that Villa were showing interest. I know it could be him trying to engineer a move but never know.

I would have thought Westwoods position would be exactly were we would play Defour

Some managers take a shine to players and the opposite is true too. Hoolahan is a very clever player and he's exactly what we're missing. I'd love to have him here.

Why can't he get in the Norwich side if he's as decent as people say

He's played the past few games but from the article i read his first team action has been limited

I wouldn't worry. Bowery gets into our team and is as bad as people say.

Ciggies - HH foretold this in his penultimate hurra.

Not a great big name but someone who will get others playing better around him because of the way he plays and his experience.

Hoolahan fits that to a T and will help us a lot (I hope) especially at home

Ciggies - HH foretold this in his penultimate hurra.

Not a great big name but someone who will get others playing better around him because of the way he plays and his experience.

Hoolahan fits that to a T and will help us a lot (I hope) especially at home

Ok thanks. Yeah I guess it fits.

To be honest though even a happy clapper like myself has a hard time getting excited about this one. At least with the summer signings there was the whiff of the unknown and possibilities of youth. With this... well, feels like a step back somewhow.

Defour and Hoolahan are very different types of players though so can't see why we can't go after both ?

Always liked Hoolahan, clever little player and would be a good link between midfield and attack

I doubt we were intending to sign Defour to play him deep in my opinion. Wouldn't be that different to Westwood if played like that. Part of the reason he flopped at Porto.
Did Defours agent not say this evening that Villa were showing interest. I know it could be him trying to engineer a move but never know.

I would have thought Westwoods position would be exactly were we would play Defour

That's exactly how I see it too. Don't think Defour will happen but him, Delph and Hoolahan looks quite a decent midfield and KEA, Westwood, Bacuna and Sylla as back ups

Like him. Think he could help us keep possession better however I worry that he's into his thirties. I suppose he wouldn't be expected to be sprinting down the wings so his experience on the ball is what they're looking at.

I'd be happy to see this deal done.

Â