Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Would love us to get Kouyate, Defour and recall Grealish this window. Kouyate is massive and can play Dm or CB as cover for Vlaar. Defour would sit in front of the DM's and Grealish will give us options all across the front with no extra striker needed.

With the signings coming from Belgium they will help each other settle quickly as well as hopefully being a massive pick me up to Benteke, you could probably get them both for about 10m and wages shouldnt be massive. 

I thought maybe Graham could be the squad player but he can only play the wings whereas Grealish can also play behind and a little deeper. Grealish has also hit form and Graham has barely played since being out for a long time. In an ideal world Graham could take Grealish's place at Notts County for the rest of the season.

If I had to guess I would say both Stoke and Villa are pushing for the Ireland transfer this January.

Ireland has shown glimpses and could improve under Hughes, who always seems to get some form out of him, in the second half of the season, which means we could ask for more from Stoke in the summer. So Stoke probably would get him for Cheaper in this window.

Likewise Villa would love to dump that salary off the wage-bill and redistribute part of it on maybe one more loan signing than they envisioned they'd be capable of.

Made a £1.5m bid for Wes Hoolahan according to the Mirror

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-wes-2985369

I think that is the end of the Defour deal if true.

well hopefully not necessarily as we could use both players and more, maybe Defour is the loan?

main question is how does Kozak's injury change our targets if at all?

Defour and Hoolahan are very different types of players though so can't see why we can't go after both ?

Always liked Hoolahan, clever little player and would be a good link between midfield and attack

Edited by Biskitt

Defour and Hoolahan are very different types of players though so can't see why we can't go after both ?

Always liked Hoolahan, clever little player and would be a good link between midfield and attack

££££££££££££££££££££££

Yeah tend to agree.

I doubt we were intending to sign Defour to play him deep in my opinion. Wouldn't be that different to Westwood if played like that. Part of the reason he flopped at Porto.

Â