Weather...

Dodgyknees

Even by IOM standards, it's especially shit today.  Torrential rain and a force 8 gale for the last few days, and we've now got a 3 foot deep lake where the bottom of the garden used to be.  The ferry hasn't sailed much in the last few days, so the shops are starting to look like the Zombie Apocalypse.

Supposed to be driving upto Brum from Portsmouth today but the weather is supposed to be horrid.

I'm in 2 minds as to whether I should go and inevitably get blown from lane to lane up the A34 or wait until later / tomorrow morning.  Hmmmm!

The strong winds a coming

I'd wait it out.

It's not the strong winds on your car that is the problem - it's the strong winds, fallen trees, floods etc that will impede your journey. Could make for a very long journey north ....

• Like 1

This time last year we were on our 4th or 5th straight 40+ deg celsius day.

Forecast for the rest of the week is 31, 30, 31 and 32 so that will be lovely thanks very much for my first proper time off for the year. 

Crap down here in Cornwall. Intermittent power outs in the town, which has closed most of the shops and its raining non-stop.

Still, stiff upper lip and all that.

You have power now in Cornwall?

Crap down here in Cornwall. Intermittent power outs in the town, which has closed most of the shops and its raining non-stop.

Still, stiff upper lip and all that.

You have power now in Cornwall?

Nobody volunteered to go out in that weather to feed the donkey..............would you?

it was taken within a 2 week window, which makes it statistically relevant

(that may be bollix)

I actually took the picture because the water was blue as opposed to its usual shade of dysentery, probably due to a chemical leak

• Like 2

Forecast for the rest of the week is 31, 30, 31 and 32 so that will be lovely thanks very much for my first proper time off for the year. 

Sorry Aussies, but I don't care what anybody says, for Christmas that's just plain wrong

• Like 2

Reading this thread after everyone saying how great it is to have Christmas at home is making me chuckle ( sorry)

Sounds pretty rough , hope everyone gets where they need to be safely and in time for Christmas ...

Reading this thread after everyone saying how great it is to have Christmas at home is making me chuckle ( sorry)

Sounds pretty rough , hope everyone gets where they need to be safely and in time for Christmas ...

Merry Christmas to you too Tony. You jet-setting ghey.

Yep.

Hads to negotiate around a fallen tree near Manchester Airport on way to work.

Died down a bit now.

Ashley Young?

**** off , we're loving it

loving it I tells ya

bring it on

I don't care where you are, you can't be enjoying yourself like a me, spreading towels on my conservatory floor (MC problems and woes).

• Like 1

Sorry Aussies, but I don't care what anybody says, for Christmas that's just plain wrong

As an Australian I can agree that Christmas is a winter festival. It's a midwinter feast and doesn't suit hot weather, we tend to make the most of it by eating seafood but it's too hot to stuff yourself eating roast meat and puddings etc. 

I must say though that New Years is infinitely better in the summer :)

Â